Recent content by Grimmdus

1. G

Running the teensy prop shield with 3.7v

Thanks Ben just what i needed
  2. G

Thanks for the quick reply, you are always on top of things. I would definitely be connecting via the Vin, sorry i didn't make that clear. Thanks for the reminder on the USB. Running just off of 3.3v from from the teensy how will that affect the 2w amp on the prop shield?... or will it affect it...
  3. G

Trying to run a project off of 3.7v instead of 7.4v to save space any advice on picking the right converter w/ regards to current output? Running: teensy 3.6 PWN for more 4 or more led's depending neopixels (not sure of the setup yet or how many i will be using exactly) Blufruit LE SPI prop...
  4. G

Prop shield eagle files

Thanks for the reply! What program do you use if you don't mind me asking? Been trying to decide if I want to use eagle or if there is a better open source or free software out there that would be a better option. Having the ability to import eagle library files and gerber files would be nice...
  5. G

Prop shield eagle files

I have been trying to find library files for the prop shield for more than a week. Can't locate it. I am in the process of crating a board for it and would love to have it as a component for my eagle project and to have the footprint for pin placement. I am brand new to pcb design, not really...
  6. G

Advice: Soldering boards directly onto another board without headers and other things

Thanks for the replies guys :) @MichaelMeissner I actually have a 3.2 I started out with that chip and had wires soldered to the underside to get enough i/o. I was previously using a cut down audio board and breakouts for the amp, imu, etc. I hadn't seen the prop shield or it wasn't out when I...
  7. G

Advice: Soldering boards directly onto another board without headers and other things

Soo I am after taking time away from my lightsaber project I am back at it but redesigning it from the ground up including trying to make it much more compact. Starting with using the teensy 3.6, the teensy prop shied, a 4ch pico buck based on the Sparkfun 3ch one that I found on OSHpark...
  8. G

Wiring look over

yep you did
  9. G

Wiring look over

https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/thinkpad/PT4115E.pdf Yeah i got the name wrong it was exposed pad, read into a bit more and it looks just like what you said, just got confused if it was a bare lead for the circuit for some other function.
  10. G

Wiring look over

Sent you a PM headroom
  11. G

Wiring look over

Good thing to think about, the whole thing is gonna be encased in about 1/2 to 3/4 in aluminum outside of the heatsink so i am hoping that might help some. I wonder if there is anything else that i can do to help. Also i bet i could figure out a way to have two modes so i can run it at a high...
  12. G

Wiring look over

Looking at the data sheet is that straight up swappable? One pin assignment looks like maybe it could be, but i'm unsure what that open pad is on the 2 pin side. I don't really have the expertise to redesign the circuit board. Otherwise 1.2A would definately be a improvement ;) As far as the...
  13. G

Wiring look over

What i was meaning as far as using the accent rgb's is for the programming part until i get the battery pack up and running. The code shouldn't be too different for color change and effects so then i can modify it once i add in the led engin 10w array. That's all i was meaning there's no way i'd...
  14. G

Wiring look over

The LED star has essentially a 4ch version the pico buck on sparkfun and protfusion https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11850 set to run 1A instead of 350ma per channel. It is wired directly to the positive. Input 6v to 20v control pins can run 3.3v or 5v w/ internal pullups. The rest of my...
  15. G

Wiring look over

The RGB led's will be lighting a crystal chamber through quartz crystals on top and bottom. So no need for more than 10 to 20 ma just need to see how bright i want it. I had checked out the res values on linear1 but i was unsure the wiring config i guess if i need to run 2 each on a line i would...
Back