Recent content by groswald

1. G

FlexCAN_T4 - FlexCAN for Teensy 4

For testing I'm using the OBD2 port in a 2017 Jeep Wrangler. The Ford F53-based motorhome is in a storage lot that I visit when progress warrants. I've got everything working nicely for the 01 service PIDs, but there are several service 22 PIDs that I would really like to see as well. In the pic...
  2. G

Tonton81, Well, that was part of the problem. I figured I'd done something dumb. Thanks for your help. I'm now able to get messages directly to the interrupt handler. But, I can only get responses to to correctly formed queries. Is there a way to request everything? Regards, Randy
  3. G

tonton81, I believe I'm up to date, but copy everything down and try again. Thanks, Randy
  4. G

Thanks, but no joy. Using the following code with the call to Can0.Events() removed I still get nothing. Note that I changed the outbound message to be a correctly formed request for a legitimate PID. Even so the callback isn't triggered. #include "ILI9341_t3n.h" const int LCD_RST = 8...
  5. G

Hoping for some insight on something I am, so far, entirely unable to figure out. The Goal I need a simple CAN bus sniffer to display all traffic on the bus - specifically on Ford truck. This should be simple, but I appear to be missing something fundamental. I have single request/response...
  6. G

T4, Talldog BoB & CANbus - HELP?!

tonton, Thank you! Your note prompted me to set up a second Teensy rather than trying to do everything on one. Running the FIFO example on one and a simple sender on the other and I have connectivity. I'm not sure why it works one way and not the other, but at this point I'll take it. Now to...
  7. G

Tonton81, The network is just the two transceivers trying to talk to one another so no ACK. I'll look at the example you reference and see what I can figure out! As I mentioned in my initial note, my ignorance in this area is somewhat profound. To borrow from a famous curmudgeon, "Dammit Jim...
  8. G

Still no joy... Tried all the suggestions, still no joy (or messages read). Neither Dan's board nor the external transceiver have enable pins so no issue there. The MCP2558FD on Dan's board does have a Silent Mode pin (routes to Teensy pin 6). I pulled it LOW to ensure the transceiver is in...
  9. G

Msadie, Both Dan's board and the transceiver have the resistor, but I'll put the meter on 'em and verify everything looks good. Dan's documentation doesn't mention an enable pin. I'll go back over the pinout and see if I can find anything. There are no extra pins on the transceiver BoB, so...
  10. G

Hi All, I working on an electronic dash project for my motorhome. The UI is built, and I now need to get it connected to the CANbus. So far I have failed utterly. I assume that it's due to ignorance on my part - something small but critical that I'm missing. Please help before I flush the whole...
  11. G

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

Help with CANbus Hi All, I've got a production board, and I'm trying to get it to talk to the CAN bus in my Jeep. I've tried several of the demo programs, but all have failed. In checking my installation of the CAN transceiver I found that RX and TX appear to come out on Teensy 4.0 pins 30...
Back