Recent content by hoho

1. H

Teensy 4.0 and SPI chip select sadness

I've just checked two chips (so, four CS pins) with new T4 arrived. And it seems to work. So something was definitely wrong in my setup. And thanks for the SCK speed tip. I'll be gradually adding chips to test the whole thing once 74HC154 arrives.
  2. H

CS42448 Audio Board BOM Replacements

I was fearing SMD for quite some time. It's turned out to be pretty easy with the right tools. I've got a simple hot air soldering station and an SMD soldering paste. But what makes it really easy — having a stencil to apply the paste. Instead of ordering the boards from OSHPark, you can try to...
  3. H

Thanks for the response. I am now thinking the problem is in my setup... I use pins 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 for CS. Seven S70FL01GSAGMFI013 chips (each chip has two parts with two CS pins). The code is modified SerialFlash library code, I've changed a bunch of props...
  4. H

Hi, I've made a board under assumption that any digital pin can be used as chip select pin (my board uses 14 digital pins for 14 NOR flash modules). Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all. I've tried setting all 14 HIGH before SPI.begin(). But they refuse to work together. In the SPI library...
  5. H

CS42448 Audio Board BOM Replacements

Just FYI, I've finally soldered that CS42448-DQZ and it seems to be working.
  6. H

Teensy 4.0 MIDI circuit

Wow, 4.1? Pretty cool :).
  7. H

Teensy 4.0 MIDI circuit

Thanks! Two things have made me wondering: 5V on pin 8 of 6N138 and the lack of T4 mention on that page. Makes sense to update that page and add T4 to the table. So that people like me don't increase the entropy :).
  8. H

Teensy 4.0 MIDI circuit

Hi, It's probably asked and answered multiple times, but I can't create a search query to find it. Is the circuit from https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_MIDI.html (the first one with 6N138) still the recommended one to use with Teensy 4.0? Thanks.
  9. H

The state of SPI Flash support

After several WTF moments, I've managed to get this chip working. That chip is actually mentioned here https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/SerialFlash/blob/2b86eb1e43457044ced436a401092076218de2a4/tests.txt#L22 as «Pass1/2». And with the SerialFlash library that was exactly my experience, only...
  10. H

Thanks. I will have that in mind. I've ordered a couple of S70FL01GSAGMFI013 to try. If I will manage to get them working, I'll order more, otherwise will be trying other approaches. Theoretically, they seem pretty simple, regardless of the SOIC-16 package just a few of those 16 pins are really...
  11. H

And if I read the datasheet correctly, this chip consists of two parts and requires two chip select pins. I probably could reduce the number of samples to 500MB, which will require 4 chips and 8 chip select pins...
  12. H

Why is it always falling down to the insanity... :) As far as I can find, Cypress S70FL01GSAGMFI013 seems to be the only 1Gb option available to order in Europe. Not cheap enough to order it blindly though... There is also similar Micron MT25QL01GBBB8ESF from DigiKey, but with the customs it...
  13. H

I've learned about Mbits some time ago, yeah, it was disappointing. But given it's SPI, I suppose I would be ok to have an array of, say, up to 4 chips, I can spare 4 pins for the chip select purposes in this project... The Memoryboard project (https://github.com/FrankBoesing/memoryboard) seems...
  14. H

Hi, What is the biggest (storage-wise) SPI flash chip known to be properly working with Teensy as of today? Which is available and not obsolete. I have found a number of Paul's mentions of NAND and that he lacks the time to check them out. I need about 1GB (1 Gigabyte) of fast readonly...
  15. H

Fast Convolution Filtering with Teensy 4.0 and audio board

@DD4WH, thanks, I think arm_rfft_f32() is the droid I was looking for! :). I connect one instrument to one channel and another instrument to the second channel. And I want to have different IRs for the connected instruments (say, one for the guitar and the second one for the ukulele). I realize...
Back