Recent content by holtt

1. H

[posted] RCA 118 "tombstone" MP3 player

I literally have been working on the same concept for playing audio! I just shifted to using a Teensy 4 and audio board after struggling to do the audio mixing with a Raspberry Pi. One thing I’ve got is a sort of randomizer approach where each folder is randomly assigned a frequency, so you...
  2. H

Teensy 4 and Rev D Audio Board - LESSON LEARNED

TLDR; If you want your SD card to work, hook up the ground next to the 3.3v pin, but ALSO hook up the other ground pin labeled "G" on the board. If you don't do both, it will not recognize the SD card. Details: I wired together a Teensy 4 and Rev D Audio board wired on a perf board with short...
  3. H

Teensy 4 and Prop Shield audio compatibility?

There is a 3.x something kicking around at work in our maker space - I may borrow/swap it to work on my prototype for now. Probably will just get a full Audio Shield, since I want the processing ability of the 4 in the longer run.
  4. H

Never mind, https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/57208-No-DAC-on-4-0-Alternatives?p=212602&viewfull=1#post212602 pretty much answers my question. Audio shield or downgrade to 3.x it is then!
  5. H

Just got a Teensy 4 and a Prop Shield LC, and I'm seeing references to the 4 not having a DAC pin. Since the Prop Shield wants DAC (I think) does that mean it can't work with the Teensy 4? Or am I in my newbosity missing something?
Back