Recent content by instrumentek

1. I

designing an external teensy boot loader for MK64. PTE pins hi, low or open?

Hi; I have successfully integrated the MK64FX512VLQ12 with an on board MKL04Z32 into my project. Now I want to build an external programmer and remove the on board MKL04, then have an external circut with the MKL04 to program the MK64. I'm wondering If I need to tie the PTE pins high or low on...
  2. I

3.5 144 lqfp diy

For anyone needing a start point using the 3.5 144 pin LQFP. Use at your own risk, It worked for me.
  3. I

Keypad triggering interrupt

I have no idea how that library works. I utilize a keypad but used my own code, its a 3x7 keypad. 3 of the pins are interrupts, the other 7 pins are normal digitals. When the interrupt is toggled it turns off the remaining digitals sequentially until the same interrupt pin goes low again. so it...
  4. I

Keypad triggering interrupt

depending the circuit configuration you could use several (4?) diodes to allow voltage to you interrupt pin when one of the keys is pressed. The diode should prevent the keys from interacting with each other .
  5. I

CAN 2.0B Transceiver Suggestions

Here is a snippet of code i use: keyPad = 0; txmsg.len = 3; txmsg.ext = 1; txmsg.id = 0x16EA0000; //_____________________________________write request for pgn 65253 txmsg.buf[0] = 0xe5; txmsg.buf[1] = 0xfe; txmsg.buf[2] = 0x00; CANbus.write(txmsg)...
  6. I

CAN 2.0B Transceiver Suggestions

I'm no expert, but I have used the extended ID Flex can for J1939 data. I do not think the Transceiver cares weather it is extended or not. The transceiver is just a signal amplifier. I have used several transceivers for extended ID and i have not seen any that say that they work with the...
  7. I

Teensy 3.5 different packages

Hi; What are the chances you would share the files for this project?
  8. I

freelance for small teensy project

Hi; Basically I have a project using the teensy 3.5. I use nearly all the pins on the teensy and have to solder all the bottom side pins. This is very time consuming to produce my project. I want to upgrade to using the MKL04 chip and the MK64 LQFP. I see that a few people have posted eagle...
  9. I

EEPROMEX with teensy 3.5 and 2.0++ returns different values

This worked perfect, Thank you. I just need to change the rest of my code to work with this new type of data and I will be up and running!!
  10. I

Is there a way I could edit the EEPROMEX library to correct this? change uint16_t to INT?
  11. I

Hi; I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction. EEPROMEX function EEPROM.readInt returns an incorrect value on teensy 3.5 but returns correct value using the teensy 2.0++. Arduino 1.6.12 teensy loader 1.19 using both: teensy 2.0++ (works correctly) teensy 3.5...
  12. I

Analog 12V Valve Control

Hi; I work on hydraulic solenoids like this quite often, And most actually respond better to PWM. As the hydraulic solenoids age / get dirty the develop internal friction and a dead band. The off-on pulse on a PWM signal helps the system deal with the internal friction. Quite often hydraulic...
  13. I

UK PCB Fabrication for the maker

Price is CAD with tax:
  14. I

UK PCB Fabrication for the maker

I have had good luck with MyRo PCB but they are in china, boards are 1-2 weeks standard. approx 60 USD for 2 layer x 5 shipped UPS.
Back