Recent content by isaacjacobson

1. isaacjacobson

Why would a "better" sd card perform worse with the "SdCardTest"

Got it – that explains it then. Mystery solved. Thanks!
  2. isaacjacobson

I'm realizing the Amazon Basics that performs worse actually is an A2, however the the A1 outperforms it in the SD card wav file test. My understanding is that an A2 card should perform better. Does the Teensy library not take advantage of the A2 specs? Or am I missing something else?
  3. isaacjacobson

New Teensy MicroMod based Guitar stompbox!

Super cool project!!! I've used the ChowCentaur as a daw plugin – pretty cool to see it in a hardware implementation! I'm super curious –– how has your/their experience been using the MicroMod? I've seen (and experienced) some issues with MicroMod early on. Has it been mostly stable? Or has...
  4. isaacjacobson

Future Teensy features & pinout

Thanks for the detailed and direct response. I appreciate hearing about the specific challenges–– it shows that a lot of thought has gone into the consideration of such a form factor; and therefore, shows a lot of intention and wisdom has gone into the decision of not pursuing a new form factor...
  5. isaacjacobson

Future Teensy features & pinout

Completely understandable! However, is a new form factor of Teensy 4 out of the question? I think many people find themselves somewhere between the Teensy 4x and bootloader based custom pcb: The Teensy 4x is fantastic for single-use projects, experimentation, and tinkering. Yet, it's pretty...
  6. isaacjacobson

Going from Teensy to "Real Product"?

Has anyone done this yet? If so, is there an example of using an RP2040 to program a teensy? This would be a game changer!
  7. isaacjacobson

NO USB not working with Arduino IDE 2.0

Thank you for taking the time to confirm that. You just saved me from wasting more time trying to get it to work.
  8. isaacjacobson

NO USB not working with Arduino IDE 2.0

Since moving to the Arduino IDE 2.0, "NO USB" is no longer working. Prior to updating to version 2.0.4 today, edits to the boards.txt wouldn't even show up. I would edit the file to enable "NO USB" but it would never show as an option. However, after updating to version 2.0.4 today, I am now...
  9. isaacjacobson

How to read memory usage compile data

Yeah, you'r right – I just needed someone smarter than me to confirm. Following the link, RAM1 was labeled 512K (not b or B), so the extra confirmation was helpful. Knowing more about all the conversions would have helped me figure it out myself, but I just didn't know for 100% after my reading...
  10. isaacjacobson

Thanks, that helps a ton! The one thing I haven't been able to find out: is "313024" is bytes or bits? Aka – how many KB is 313024?
  11. isaacjacobson

How exactly does one read the memory usuage compile data for Teensy? Memory Usage on Teensy MicroMod: FLASH: code:164080, data:33808, headers:8956 free for files:16308228 RAM1: variables:47424, code:161560, padding:2280 free for local variables:313024 RAM2: variables:18112 free for...
  12. isaacjacobson

New Teensy MicroMods defective

As an additional note, the 20 that I recently were replacing 20 of a larger order that demonstrated defective pins.
  13. isaacjacobson

Unfortunately, it's still an issue. Again – Sparkfun has made huge strides and demonstrated phenomenal customer service through it all, but it still remains an issue. I just received a fresh batch of 20 this week, and 3 of the 20 failed a pin test right out of the box. I can put up with...
  14. isaacjacobson

Yeah, I have to admit I do agree with this statement. The form factor of MM is so much more appealing for repeated projects/products. However, the amount of required testing and inevitable issues kind of balances out the scales. If the form factor of MM and reliability of PJRC could be...
  15. isaacjacobson

Thanks, Paul. That makes a ton of sense. It seems that was the case here. This looks incredible and would definitely solve my sd audio issues with cards that are a bit shy the necessary specs. I've been following along with the thread, but haven't successfully adapted it to my own code. I'm...
Back