Recent content by Janezek

1. J

Teensy APA102 POV Poi / Pixel Poi Build. Tutorial

Hi mortonkopf and thank you for the helpful comment, I will try removing the serial commands, change "int paintSpeed = 0.001" to "float paintSpeed = 0.001", but how do I slow down the rate of calls to open and close the file? Does that mean there will be pauses between the end and beginning of...
  2. J

I'm using this wonderful POV project to draw BMPs on to an installation, but I'm having some glitching when using the drawBMP function. You can see the glitching here: https://youtu.be/Np8I5BMz4nE However, interestingly, it doesn't glitch when drawing onto the pixels using code (e.g. leds[x]...
  3. J

Thank you I'll give it a shot, I already have a OctoWS adapter lying around somewhere. Any ideas perhaps about how to achieve an exact refresh rate, for example 25 lines of bitmap per second? I'm trying to sync the animation to music.
  4. J

I'm starting a similar project and I just read through the whole thread - great stuff! Since I'm using a whole lot of LEDs (1200 WS2812Bs - not using them for POI but the underlying coding principles are similar) and a large BMP (1,200x15,000px) I'm trying to get as much speed as possible out...
  5. J

Bitmap to LED strip +Bonus: in sync with sound?

Wow, that was easy! It works perfectly and it's so plug & play, I love it! I expected it was going to take me 3 days to get something working in the ballpark of this... I'm lucky that you, the author of that post, are here. Thank you!
  6. J

Bitmap to LED strip +Bonus: in sync with sound?

Hello! I'm trying to animate a 3000 pixel long WS2812B strip using a bitmap image. In the past I have animated this strip with more basic animations using math, but now I would like to make the animations more custom by using bitmap images. I have found examples which instantly draw a 16x16...
Back