Recent content by JCalhoun

1. J

Teensy 4.1 keyboard controller — setting pinMode() requires delay?

Thanks, Paul. (I swear I tried to Search first!)
  2. J

Teensy 4.1 keyboard controller — setting pinMode() requires delay?

I've done a few keyboards using the Teensy 2.0. Trying the same code with a Teensy 4.1 and ran into some strange behavior, failure. A simple test app I wrote to try to track down the problem is suggesting that when I press single key, the keyboard scanning is detecting LOW on a couple of column...
  3. J

Highly optimized ILI9341 (320x240 TFT color display) library

I can try to create a sample project to show this issue — but what I found was that drawChar() appeared not to use the font specified in setFont(). It appears to always fall back to the default Adafruit font. Other calls like println() and drawFontChar() (?) did work as expected. Perhaps this is...
  4. J

Trying to create a 1-bit off-screen bit (canvas) for pre-rendering fonts but don't see support in either ILI9341_t3 or ILI9341_t3n I tried declaring GFXcanvas1 but this required including AdafruitGFX.h ... and then an error about multiple declarations. It made me think that in trying to mix...
  5. J

Thanks, Kurt. I was able to get your library to compile. fillScreen() and fillRect() worked. Somewhere though, perhaps when my code called drawChar(), everything seemed to come to a halt. I am not sure why though. You example for GFX fonts used println() rather than drawChar() and may have...
  6. J

Thank you. I have the Teensy 4.0. I should have mentioned it. I had done what you had suggested (#include <ILI9341_t3.h>, change the class name) but still ran into issues. Your reply helped: suggesting that setting up the directory structure is not as esoteric as I had thought but rather that...
  7. J

Newbie trying to use your optimized ILI9341_t3 library.... Maybe the install instructions were not clear to me. There exists already an Adafruit_ILI9341 library in my Arduino/libraries directory. So I moved it aside and, as per install directions, renamed ILI9341_t3 to Adafruit_ILI9341 and...
Back