Recent content by joecarb89

1. J

Analog max voltage?

Thanks! I forgot to mention that I have the 3.2. I'll add a voltage divider to rescale it.
  2. J

Analog max voltage?

Hi all, I am trying to read a 0 to 5V analog signal and I'm a little confused about the max voltage of the analog pins. I read that the Teensy is 5V tolerant on the digital pins and pins 14 to 23 and 26 to 31 have digital and Analog capabilities (A0 to A9 and A15 to A20). I also understand that...
  3. J

Best way of driving 18-24 servos with Teensy 3.1?

Thanks! I just installed a separate copy of 1.6.9 (but not the Teensyduino beta yet). I get a lot of errors for my older attiny cores and a lot of warning about invalid libraries but it seems most of my Arduino stuff compiles. I will look into it some more since I just bought a 101.
  4. J

myservo.attach(700,2400); works and gives very close to 180 degrees of movement. I am running my micro servo off the 3v output from the teensy but there is no jitter, which is very important for my application. And thanks for the tip about the fixed point vs floating point CPU usage. I will...
  5. J

Woah, awesome support! I just did a quick test and it works! The servos bind at one extreme but I believe that will be an easy fix. I will test it with higher quality servos and see how it performs in a few hours. I also like the idea of fixed point math, I will do some research on it tomorrow...
  6. J

The teensy will be performing a lot of math, I am unsure of how CPU intensive pulse position is. I also I do not have any 164 shift registers on hand but I could give it a shot though. The 164's are nonlatching I believe. Could I hold the 595's latch open and use that as a test?
  7. J

Hi all, I am currently working on a hexapod with 24 servos. It is a project I have been working on a little bit here and there for a few years. Originally I was going to use the Arduino Duemilanove + Pololu 24 Mini Maestro then the Arduino Mega and now the Teensy 3.1 + TLC5940 (using slow PWM...
  8. J

Modifying TLC5940 library for use with Teensy3.1

I hate to revive an old thread but how come the 3.1 doesn't work with the servo mode? Is there anyway to fix it? My project requires me to drive 24 servos and do a lot of floating point math. I thought the teensy 3.1 and TLC (had it on hand) would work better than the Pololu Maestro.
Back