Recent content by joedarock

1. J

SDR without audio adaptor board

Is this feasible? What would be the downside?
  2. J

SDR without audio adaptor board

Has anyone implemented an SDR using the Teensy internal ADC's and internal DAC (or PWM)?
  3. J

AudioSDR - A single Audio block SDR (software defined radio) processor/demodulator

Hi Derek! Anything new to report on the transceiver project? Did you make any progress on the waterfall display? Joe W3JDR
  4. J

Audio board mechanical drawing

Is there an Eagle or other CAD schematic and PCB file for this? Joe
  5. J

No PC speaker audio from Teensy 3.2

I have my Teensy 3.2 programmed with a simple sine generator (Audio Library) connected to the Usb output. On my Windows 10 computer, I have a program called "Soundcard Scope". I have all the Input setup options set to "Digital Audio Interface Teensy" and all the Output setup options set to my PC...
  6. J

Audio board mechanical drawing

Rev D Audio Board PCB Library I want to embed a RevD (Teensy 4) audio board in my pcb project. Does anyone have an Eagle library file for this board? Joe
  7. J

AudioSDR - A single Audio block SDR (software defined radio) processor/demodulator

Yes, anyone who knows the library exists will have seen these partial functionality test sketches. I was looking to see if anyone has built a complete radio system, along with their account of how the process went and how well the final result turned out. I have some questions that only someone...
  8. J

Using Teensy onboard ADC with audio library

I'm trying to create a simple test jig using the Audio Design Tool to generate a sine and recover it using the Teensy onboard ADC. My connection code looks like this: AudioSynthWaveformSine sine1; AudioInputAnalogStereo adc1; AudioConnection patchCord1(sine1, 0, adc1, 0)...
  9. J

Teensy Convolution SDR (Software Defined Radio)

Frank I've been digging into Hilbert filters for IQ receivers using the Oak Hills software. One of the things I notice is that the typically used designs that have about 100 taps start to fall apart below about 800 Hz with resulting loss of sideband suppression close to carrier. Do you have any...
  10. J

I read this as a suggestion to have a gain reduction mechanism before the ADC to avoid overload on strong signals. I agree. Joe
  11. J

Thanks Rob, Actually, I'm looking for an example sketch using DerekR's SDR Radio Library. Anyone? Joe
  12. J

Rob or anyone who cares to reply: Does anyone have a sketch that implements a. complete ssb/cw receiver using rhis library? I'd like to load it up and use it as a starting point for my own development. Regards Joe
  13. J

Teensy 4.0 filters without audio shield

I want to use the Teensy 4.0 board for some communications-quality audio filters (LPF, HPF, BPF, etc). It seems to me that the on-board ADC and DAC should be sufficient for this. Can someone point me to a project where someone has done this? Joe
  14. J

Frank I think I localized the cause of the system crashing some 15 seconds or more after startup when there are no peripherals attached. It seems to be associated with no audio into the ADC, possibly causing a divide-by 0 in the twinpeaks correction code? If I initialize the "twinpeaks_tested"...
  15. J

Frank I said my configuration is "well defined", not that it is what you anticipated. I was probing to see if you have any suspicion about what you would expect to happen in that configuration. I don't like the "shotgun" approach to trouble-shooting, ie; hook everything up and "let 'er rip". I...
Back