Recent content by jofre

1. J

PMT pulse counting using Teensy 3.2

Hi everyone, I do not have yet a Teensy to play with, so I have been playing with my DUE. I just wrote a quick update on the Arduino DUE forum. I link it here (https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=400516.15) if somebody wants to see how far I have got using that other platform. A long story...
  2. J

Dear all, Regarding a comment of Defragster in post #18 "should stay high a min of 5-10 ns to be detectable": I need to check it, but the TTL from the PM should stay HIGH longer than 10ns. Regarding a comment of Defragster in post #19 "How long does a sample period run with photon firings?"...
  3. J

Photon Counter

I was going to say it... (I was not sure that somebody was going to answer a 2 years old thread...) Should I delete this thread?
  4. J

OK. I see that my explanation of what I have in mind is not clear enough... I try again. I have done a new diagram. The idea is to write down in a "Buffer" the number of "Clock Ticks" since the "Reset/Trigger Signal" when a "TTL from Photo Multiplier" signal arrives. So, two physical...
  5. J

Thanks XFER. The idea is to fill a buffer with the number of clock ticks since a trigger signal happens (SOURCE in the figure) each time that a rising edge occurs ("Sample Clock" in the figure, this is coming from the photon multiplier). Because a clock tick is associated to a time, it is...
  6. J

Photon Counter

Dear all, I am considering the Teensy3.6 (the fastest Arduino like board that I know of) to develop a photon counter (I am physicist). I am looking to reproduce the "Buffered Edge Counting" mode found in many National Instruments boards. I attached a figure from the National Instruments...
  7. J

Dear all, I was wondering if somebody has implemented the Photon Counter and could report real values... Also, I was wondering if the Teensy3.6 could be set up similar as the National Instruments boards counters work, see attached figure, and at which speed. My objective is also to count...
Back