Recent content by jrdarrah

1. J

Need help getting adafruit DS3231 RTC working on wire2

Thanks, thebigg. That got it working. I appreciate the help.
  2. J

Need help getting adafruit DS3231 RTC working on wire2

I have a Adafruit DS3231 RTC connected to a teensy 4.1 on wire 2. The I2C scanner program sees the clock and a pressure sensor also on Wire2. I'm trying to compile the DS3231 example supplied by RTCLib.h and can't seem to get the rtc.begin statement syntax correct. My latest attempt is: //...
  3. J

need guidance in setting audio_guitartuner_blocks in noteFreq

I'm using noteFreq in the audio library to detect a notes down to 220 hz. In researching the underlying code I saw this comment in analyze_notefreq.h 1. AUDIO_GUITARTUNER_BLOCKS - Buffer size is 128 AUDIO_BLOCKS. The more AUDIO_GUITARTUNER_BLOCKS the lower the frequency you can detect...
  4. J

getting error compiling ILI9341_T3 graphicstest on Teensy 4.1

I'm trying to compile graphicstest for a Teensy 4.1 using pins associated with SPI1. I'm getting errors in Print.h from core Teensy 4.1. I'm running teensyduino 1.57 and to my knowledge I haven't touched the Print.h referenced here. I'm hoping if I can get rid of the "unknown type name class"...
  5. J

teensy 4.0 valid interrupt priority values

Thanks, a visit to your audio library seems in order to see how the software interrupt triggering works.
  6. J

Thanks, that explains why all three of my interval timer requests got resolved to the lowest number (rounded down to a multiple of 16). I was hoping to assign three different values. In my app the audio oscillator should have the highest priority of the three. The other two aren't time critical...
  7. J

I'm trying to set interrupt priorities on the teensy 4.0 and I don't get the expected result. Here is a test sketch that sets the priority on an external pin inteerupt and three interval timers, #include "IntervalTimer.h" int MPR121_irqPin = 20; // irq pin for Adafruit MPR121...
  8. J

Where can I find a list of interrupt priorities for the cortex M7 processor

Thanks for the code. It gave me a clue and I searched the manuals I downloaded for the M7 processor and I was able to find the description for each interrupt by looking for NVIC. i.MX RT1060 Processor Reference Manual, Rev.3, 07/2021, Chapter 4 Interrupts, DMA Events, and XBAR Assignments...
  9. J

Where can I find a list of interrupt priorities for the cortex M7 processor

I'm looking for a list of priorities for the built-in interrupts used by the cortex m7 processor. I'm mainly interested in the ones used by I2C and SPI. I'm using a timer to drive part of my process and I need to ensure the timer has a higher priority than the I2C or SPI processes. I've looked...
  10. J

Teensy 4.0 doesn't power on with less than 4.10V

Thanks for the detailed reply. Unfortunately due to space constraints I need to stick with the small form factor boost regulator. I did have a capacitor on the output but not the input. My assumption was that the battery was a clean DC source so it wasn't needed. I'm in the process of setting...
  11. J

Teensy 4.0 doesn't power on with less than 4.10V

Will this problem affect running the 4.0 using a 5V step up regulator? I had a problem using the Pololu 2564 with a Teensy 3.2. I finally had to drop the speed down to 72Mhz. Dropping it to 150Mhz on the 4.0 didn't allow it to boot from battery only. Will removing the R4 allow it to boot even...
  12. J

Suggestion for SPI DAC with Teensy 4 (replacing internal DAC on Teensy 3.2)

Due to the supply problem getting a 3.2, I've moved on to a teensy 4 with a SPI connected DAC (MAX5443). Right now I'm struggling to get it to convert a 440hz sine wave. On the scope it looks like garbage. I'd like to see what others have done to use an external DAC. I want to move up from...
  13. J

Getting undefined reference error on union defined within a library function

thanks h4yn0nnym0u5e that fixed the error. I appreciate you weighing in.
  14. J

Thanks for the reply. I tried commenting out the private; line so everything was public. I still get the same error. The _pin variable is private and doesn't cause any errors. The reason for the union lies in some of the code that I commented out (see below). When the data come into...
  15. J

I'm trying to port my application from a teensy 3.2 to teensy 4.0. I used the built-in DAC in the 3.2 so I will need to use an external one with the 4.0. I found a library for the MAX5443 in an old github project. It will support moving data to the MAX5443 via SPI (when I get it working). Here...
Back