Recent content by jrraines

1. J

Tennsy 4.0 and W25Q64

I don't think my approach can work on a 4.0 without a way to add PSRAM--some sort of add-on board.
  2. J

Tennsy 4.0 and W25Q64

I did do this, pretty simply, addressing 8 or 16 megabytes as a single array. https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/extmem-and-playmem.74114/#post-335493 It has worked well for the simple use I had for it and avoided stuttering audio that I guessed (based on reading other reports in the...
  3. J

Future Teensy features & pinout

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/02/sd-express-cards-from-samsung-promise-faster-than-sata-speeds-for-microsd-devices/ Something to think about for a 4.1 successor.
  4. J

Uncanny Eyes is getting expensive

The duplicate libraries are a routine warning. They are not fatal, the program picks one from among the libraries it found and uses that. The fatal error is still just that it doesn't find ST_7789_t3.h in the places it expects. On my mac it probably in a different place than on your machine...
  5. J

I think your problem is likely that you moved where the files are located and the code needs to know where to look. If you put files inside the src folder you'd need to change a line something like that.
  6. J

#include "src/Display.h" or something similar
  7. J

Teensy 4.0 and mp3 and FrankB's audio library

I recently found that a new 16GB card had come formatted FAT32 and I'd declared it on the T4.1 as exFAT. It wasn't recognized by the T4.1 until I initiallized it as exFAT on my Mac. It is probably still inherently slower (UHS 1 vs UHS 3) but I think the SD command to read an entire file into...
  8. J

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6

Now I see the memory used stuff: /Users/raine001/Documents - MacBook Pro/Arduino/TeensyEyes_copy_20240205/audio.ino: In function 'void loopAudio()': /Users/raine001/Documents - MacBook Pro/Arduino/TeensyEyes_copy_20240205/audio.ino:103:12: warning: unused variable 'touchSample1'...
  9. J

Does anyone have/know of a script that could be used to test the data writing speed of an Teensy 4.1 to External Ram, SD, or flash.

The combinatorial calculation underestimates the size of the problem. It doesn't count RAM2-->RAM2 and doesn't take into account that RAM2-->EXTMEM and EXTMEM-->RAM2 are different because write speed != read speed.
  10. J

Does anyone have/know of a script that could be used to test the data writing speed of an Teensy 4.1 to External Ram, SD, or flash.

There are so many different use cases that I think you are going to have to carefully select what you want measured and likely do it yourself. The different segments of RAM have different speeds, RAM1 vs RAM2, ITCM vs DTCM. Most people are using littleFS with EXTMEM, that's not necessary and...
  11. J

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5

Again, what I'm seeing at the bottom tile of the arduino 2.2.1 window where it usually finishes with a list of amounts of memory used in various sections is the warning and then nothing below it. It does otherwise finish compiling and uploading and the code runs, but it seems to me that more is...
  12. J

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5

I will try to put it in the post today. I don't know if it will help, but it's easy to do. I found an ancient 1 gb usb stick.
  13. J

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5

I tried changing board type and back to teensy 4.1. It does compile, load and start running. It does not show the usual list of memory used in each section, just the error/warning messages -- the same ones, I think. In file included from /Users/raine001/Documents - MacBook...
  14. J

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5

Does 59.5 use a different compiler version?
  15. J

Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5

I tried 'save a copy' then compiling that (somehow I have to recreate the src folder and move everything that I'd put into it back in place). It compiles pretty quickly but I'd guess that means it is not re-using anything from before. Once again I get just the error without the usual list of...
Back