Recent content by kiwi64ajs

1. K

Another fork of FlexCAN

Hmmm... well that is wierd. Well the 3.1 and 3.2 have the same chips and I've proven that my hardware works ok with the other library - it must be something else. So I'm now guessing that the CAN bus timing must be different in terms of where the bit sampling and the other configurable CAN...
  2. K

Another fork of FlexCAN

Ok I - copied the build output into a file "Build-Output.txt" in the sketch folder - copied the whole build folder into the sketch folder - ZIPped the Sketch folder including the build folders - so you have everything Thanks for looking into this Alex
  3. K

Another fork of FlexCAN

Specifically what model of Teensy? Is it a T3.1 as I'm having issues with that and the latest TD libraries? Perhaps it's related to the problem I'm having. Alex
  4. K

Another fork of FlexCAN

Ok, got-it! I can confirm: -DTEENSYDUINO=136 so that part is ok then. I'll confirm the behaviour on the T3.6 next. Thanks for your help Alex
  5. K

Another fork of FlexCAN

I was trying to figure out the version of TD after I had installed it and hunting around I found this file that kinda looked like it might be: /Applications/Arduino-1.8.2.app/Contents/Java/hardware/teensy/avr/platform.txt # http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensyduino.html name=Teensyduino...
  6. K

Another fork of FlexCAN

Hmmm... well I changed my code to remove the Constructor for the TD library and renamed the variable for the other library to Can0 but I still can't get it to work with the TD library... See my code below Could it be a difference between T3.1 and T3.2? I'll try the T3.6 tonight when I get more...
  7. K

Another fork of FlexCAN

Yeah well I think it may be a version thing as I'm running TD 1.6.7 because I also have a T3.6, but I wanted to use the T3.1s for a CAN to USB adaptor - be a waste of a good T3.6 just for that and I have the T3.1s not doing anything... ;) Anyway I eliminated that as an issue by stripping the...
  8. K

Another fork of FlexCAN

Not working on a Teensy 3.1 Hi Guys, I'm trying to get this new FlexCAN library to work on a Teensy 3.1 board but I'm not Receiving any packets for some reason. I tried to use the Rx-SingleBus-WithObjects example and the only modification I did was to change the baud to 125000 //...
  9. K

Can the Pin to Port Mapping be changed?

Hi Paul, Ok so with the 3.2 (that I've had waiting for a job for a while) there's no tidy or simple solution - I'm going to have to live with merging bit fields over several port registers - ok its not that hard. But with the 3.6 (that I got recently) the choices are a lot better. As I...
  10. K

Thanks for the feedback. So to use the 3.2 I'm going to have to gather pin status values from the various native port registers and Bit Shift, AND, OR them together into a single 32-bit word and DeBounce them (using these Vertical Counters (http://www.compuphase.com/electronics/debouncing.htm)...
  11. K

Hi Guys, The Teensy 3.x boards have heaps of Arduino pins but I'm trying to figure out if I can arrange to have 2 x native 8-bit ports come out and go to some 2x5 headers (8 bits + GND and VCC) so you can do tidy and fast whole port type operations to each 2x5 header. In the AVR world these...
  12. K

Suggestions for decoding serial data that is encoded using pulse widths

Thanks for the quick response Paul. I had a browse of those libraries and also tried to make sense of the datasheet for those processors but as you already know, the datasheet is rather large so it's going to take a while to digest that detail. Actually, the more popular approach to decoding...
  13. K

Suggestions for decoding serial data that is encoded using pulse widths

Hi Guys, I'm wanting add support for the Teensy 3.1 to an Arduino library I wrote based on AVRs that decodes the "Digital Command Control" (DCC) protocol used on Digital Model Railroads. The library is here: https://github.com/mrrwa/NmraDcc The AVR routine works by sensing the rising edge...
  14. K

Strange behavior on the Onewireslave library

Hi Guys, I'm also trying to build a 1-Wire Slave device to emulate a temperature sensor, which will actually get the temperature from a PID Temperature Controller via an RS485 link. However, this is my first T 3.1 project and so I'm wondering how you guys have interfaced the 1-wire data line...
Back