Recent content by labRat

1. L

micros() and delay() - novice question

Thank you so much! It works very nicely now.
  2. L

micros() and delay() - novice question

Hi, My circuit is a teensy 3.2, two shift registers, and two common anode 7-segment displays. My sketch works great when I use delay() but when I use micros() I get an erratic count on the two 7-segments. My objective is to use the IntervalTimer so I want to get rid of the delay(). Any...
  3. L

Teensy 3.1 Not recognized in device manager, but power is getting to board

Hi folks, I have tried searching the forum for troubleshooting solutions but I think that I am too much of a novice to understand many of the posts completely. Everything was working perfectly but now my problem is that no new sketches such as Blink seem to be uploading. I am getting voltages...
  4. L

Newbie to bit level coding '_delay_ms' was not declared in this scope

I was able to get it running by referring to a thread that Paul had responded to https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/23431-Teensy-3-using-IO-pins?highlight=Teensy+3.1+port+access. All I had to do was to change PORTC reference to PORTB. And change the _delay to just plain old delay(). The code is...
  5. L

Newbie to bit level coding '_delay_ms' was not declared in this scope

Hi Everyone, Newbie to learning bit level coding here. I am using the Arduino IDE to code. I was able to get blinky to work with my Teensy 2.0 using the code specified below. I can't even begin to describe how thrilled I was when I was able to get this code to work!!! Now I am trying to...
  6. L

Newbie: Difference between Halfkay bootloader and teensy loader

I am confused regarding the difference between these two programs. From what I understand, a bootloader is used to upload the main operating system? What is the main operating system in this case? Then, the teensy loader is the program that is used to upload a hex file that is generated from...
  7. L

Teensy 3.1 and ADC

Yes, I am trying to implement something equivalent using lower level capabilities of the Teensy 3.x? Motivation is curiosity and desire to learn.
  8. L

Teensy 3.1 and ADC

Greetings Everyone, Newbie here. I would like to implement ADC code similar to the example from the PJRC website (copied below). The code does not work - I suspect that it is on account that the code below was written for Atmel, and the port/bit field names are different. I am working my way...
  9. L

Teensy 3.1 Cortex M4 Specification Verification

Greetings folks, Relatively new to the microcontroller world here. From the data sheet for the ARM processor, document entitled K20P64M72SF1.pdf in Table 5.21 VIH (= 0.7*Vdd=2.31 volts @ Vdd=3.3v) and VIL(=0.35*Vdd =1.155 volts @ Vdd = 3.3volts), do these specs define the HIGH and LOW levels...
Back