Recent content by LogicLow

1. L

Snooze - Finding all the Gotchas

Absolute champion! :D Ill give those a whirl later today.
  2. L

Snooze - Finding all the Gotchas

Duff2013's Snooze library is absolutely brilliant, although it does seem to have a few 'gotchas' which aren't made apparently. 1)If your using the USB Serial for Debugging, you will need to perform another Serial.Begin after going to sleep and waking up. 2)If using CAN, you will need to...
  3. L

Teensy 3.1 and CAN Bus

Noticed some odd behaviour for the CANbus with 29bit frames. Filter was not setting correctly and mask actually needed the EXT flag set as 0 before any 29bit frames would pass through. Its a bit odd.. not sure whats going on there. Once 29bit frames actually start passing through, setting a...
  4. L

OTA update alternative

Would doing it the way I suggested be possible them? Since if you don't erase the sector/s with the First program in it (Lets call it the updater), then that should always run on initial power up? The 'updater' then jumps to the starting address for the main application (The one that can be...
  5. L

OTA update alternative

One of the gurus might have a better response for if that is possible. My thought is to develop a very small program that checks at the beginning of every boot for a valid update file from the uSD, if none is detected then it jumps to the main programs starting address in memory. Essentially...
  6. L

Interval Timer guidance / usage

Looks like a few too many 0's for the timer? 150000ms = 150seconds. For 0.15seconds.. you would want to enter 150.
  7. L

Fast CRC library (uses the built-in crc-module in Teensy3)

Ohhhhhhhhhhh that makes more sense. Guess could read 100random bytes from analogue pin and try again, see which is faster that way :)
  8. L

Im getting no-where near that value for the hardware CRC. I'll keep messing with it, might throw it into the FastCRC lib since it doesnt appear that is getting affected by the optimization.
  9. L

Using visual micro, and selecting optimization as 'faster', the timing has now dropped to 3 instead of 500+. The FastCRC is around 10,0000 mark. I was thinking the optimizations was getting smart.. and bypassing the loop knowing its doing the same thing and affecting nothing.. but, I have it...
  10. L

Think Im losing mind. For some reason.. Fast CRC is actually 20times slower then a software implementation on Teensy 3.2. Am using the latest version of the FastCRC, but.. if I didnt know better... FastCRC is maybe reverting to using its own software implementation maybe? When running the code...
  11. L

Teensy 3.1 and CAN Bus

Looks like the above is correct. Requesting a simply 7E0 01 20 message to the ECU at intervals of 10ms results in the following: Can see there is a 10millisecond delay between the frames.. 28900-18836 = ~10000micro = 10milliseconds. The the timestamp ticks over every 131070 microseconds at...
  12. L

Teensy 3.1 and CAN Bus

Been looking at the timestamp feature for flexcan, its pretty much a one liner addition but bit unsure what the units would be for the timestamp, as in is it display in microseconds or requires a conversion to microseconds? I see a pull/addition made by Xboxpro1 that had also implemented this...
  13. L

3.6 Kickstarter, I'm in!

;) Made my day. lol
  14. L

Teensy 3.1 and CAN Bus

Thats actually really good! Look forward to that becoming available.
  15. L

Teensy 3.1 and CAN Bus

Good to hear you can receive and send! Right, how about you first post in what you have so far in your coding so that I an help nudge you in the right direction :)
Back