Recent content by Loren42

1. L

Wierd Analog to Digital Problem with MK20DX256VLH7

Thanks for the reply. I'm having doubts it's the software being the culprit. I have two boards each connected via USB on a different Mac. One of the two boards consistently had this 255 count jump with one of the A2D channels, but the other did not. So, this morning I swapped the two boards...
  2. L

Wierd Analog to Digital Problem with MK20DX256VLH7

I have the analog section set to 10 bits, but something strange is happening that I can't explain. I have an analog input that I set to give an output via USB to approximately 2048. Now there is some noise at the input, so the output dithers about ±5 counts. However, after running for a...
  3. L

Issue with Teensy LC + Pot 10k for Steering Wheel

It almost sounds to me that your wheel is too sensitive. On a real car there shouldn't be a dead zone in the wheel (unless it's a 1960s Chevy), so I think that the wheel is too sensitive. In aviation they call this PIO (Pilot Induced Oscillations) because each time you try to correct the car...
  4. L

Using the MKL04 bootloader chip in DIY circuit to program MK20DX256VLH7 (Teensy 3.2)

I think there is a security bit that can be programed in the MK20DX256VLH7 to prevent that. If you don't need USB, why are you using the boot loader chip, which requires USB? I think the register location is 0x0000040C, but the boot loader chip is hard coded to prevent you from writing to that...
  5. L

Using the MKL04 bootloader chip in DIY circuit to program MK20DX256VLH7 (Teensy 3.2)

I would say your "proof-of-concept" is pretty well accepted. Now a clean implementation would be my next phase. Keep in mind that the Teensy 3.2 schematic is a working design that Paul has skillfully, if not masterfully, created. Following that schematic and its layout criteria will do you no...
  6. L

Yes, it sounds like a "layout" issue. As I said, the crystal is probably the most sensitive component on the board. Start there (once you get it running again). If you look at various successful layouts, the crystal is always tucked in close to the processor with short traces. By-pass...
  7. L

Yes! I hadn't considered the sockets and a picture would be helpful.
  8. L

I can't see anything wrong with the schematic, but that doesn't mean the implementation is correct. I would "buzz" out the board very carefully to make sure every connection goes where it is intended and not where it isn't supposed to go. When wringing out a new design it is best to not assume...
  9. L

How do I "bake" a file into the firmware

You can put the table in an "include" file and do a #include. Use: static rom name_of_your_table [] = {,,,} You should double check the word rom. I think the compiler should know what it means. When you compile it will be picked up and added to the flash.
  10. L

How do I correct an analog axis bouncing?

The software is used in different configurations, depending on how it is implemented and the total number of channels can vary. When I first did this I wanted to create something that would contain the largest number of A/D channels needed, then I would zero out unused channels. I know there...
  11. L

How do I correct an analog axis bouncing?

Yes. Keep struggling with the problem. You will get it! The algorithm is simply an algebraic average. That is, you take a number of samples, say 8, and write the down on a piece of paper. Now add up all 8 samples. Next divide the results by the total number of samples, which is 8. The...
  12. L

Signal Problem; game controller with Teensy3.2 and Tekscan Flexiforce Sensor

I think you will be better off in the long run with the quality.
  13. L

You are apexing your turns too early. :) I would sort out a few things first. 1. Do you know what the no-load resistance of the sensor is? 2. What is the resistance of the sensor at maximum load? 3. What is the A/D input voltage range for the micro board? 4. Is the resistor you are using...
  14. L

Teensy 4: Global vs local variables speed of execution

Best to read the manufacture's data sheet on the A/D operation or ask tech support.
  15. L

Well, I am thinking you must have created some sort of system schematic for your device. From the picture it looks like the way it is connected is not right. That assumes that the Arduino board's A/D input runs from 0 to 3.3VDC and the analog reference pin is at 3.3VDC.
Back