Recent content by lychrel

1. L

Basic Signal Cancellation/Comparison Program?

Hey, that's really cool! Thanks! Basically I wanted to, after adding the one inverted signal to the normal one, check each frequency bin and see if there's any significant "difference" there between the two signals -- i.e., if the sum of them is some significant amount greater than 0, then one...
  2. L

Basic Signal Cancellation/Comparison Program?

Hi! This is my first Teensy program, and, though I can't yet test it on my Teensy (a component from my setup broke, and the replacement is still shipping), I'm sure I'm doing something obviously wrong, and I have a few questions. I want to take two audio signals (one from each ADC), low-pass...
  3. L

Different-Range FFT Algorithm

Actually, I got stuck running it because of a "no serial port name defined" error. I trouble-shot from this post, and that got rid of the error, but I still couldn't get any serial output.
  4. L

I'd like to be, essentially, as precise as possible. (Definitely more precise than 47-Hz bins, though I guess I could interpolate...) My range is 0 to 1 kHz.
  5. L

Okay. I think I'll investigate both FFT decimation per Mr. Stoffregen's suggestion and using the guitar tuner code. I'll just have to see what works better. Again, thanks! Wow. I had no idea a single order filter would be such a bad idea. I guess digital really is the way to go, then. I don't...
  6. L

Using multiple analog inputs with an ADC

I've run into another question with my project. Fair warning, this is probably a really stupid question. I have six electret condenser microphones in my project, and, of course, only two ADCs (I'm using the Teensy 3.1). I want to pass the signals to the Teensy and convert them to digital and...
  7. L

If I have a single-order analog low-pass filter (at around 1 kHz) on the signal before I pass it to the Teensy, would that obviate using a digital filter, or would you recommend it anyway?
  8. L

Oh my gosh! This is incredibly helpful; and I've never seen a forum response this quick or in-depth! This is quite the community. I have my college applications due tomorrow, so I won't be able to answer a bunch of the questions that my original lack of detail warranted. I'll get back on here as...
  9. L

I'm using Teensy for an application wherein I'll only be analyzing signals of the frequency domain 0 to 1 kHz, and I'd like to have a higher-precision FFT that spans the 512 bins with a smaller frequency-difference between each two. I'm not very good at this sort of thing; could someone point me...
Back