Recent content by Magnethead494

1. M

Replacing T2.0 with LC, voltage question

I'd used an older/larger converter design and was hoping to avoid going that route. But that pololu looks small enough to fit on my board without too much pain. Thanks! Gonna suck not being able to use the boards I already have, but oh well. I was hoping the 2.0 supply would last another 6...
  2. M

Replacing T2.0 with LC, voltage question

I designed the PCBs for my project around the 2.0, which i'm aware is going away (sooner than I thought). It's interfacing an ADS1115 and a 3rd-party 5-volt UART device. I am only using 6 pins on the 2.0: Vcc, Gnd, TX1, RX1, SDA, SCL The UART header only has TX, RX, and Ground The ADS1115...
  3. M

AC frequency on FreqMeasure

When I use FrequencyMeasure on an LC, I am getting 60hz mains as a reading (LC powered by USB on a desktop pc) while testing the circuit. To me, this shows that any fluctuations on the power/ground line will be echoed upon the Teensy Freq Libraries. In application, it will be powered by vehicle...
  4. M

FreqMeasure w/ pulsing ground

OK, So what about the floating input? I have no idea if it will ever actually have a voltage, or just float high. I know for sure it goes to ground. 12 volts constant Fuel injector (12 ohms) or ignition coil (3 ohms) Pulsed ground I'm tapping the pulsed ground. Given the relatively low...
  5. M

addendum: I'm reading a pulsed ground that fires a fuel injector or ignition coil of a vehicle. As such, technically the wire will be floating high (12v) behind an inductive coil, then pulled ground by the ECU to fire the coil. I have a 500 ohm resistor in-line to pin16. Do I need to do...
  6. M

Hello, Using TeensyLC to toggle a darlington array based on frequency input (33hz low end, 48hz high end). Right now I have the example Serial_Output loaded up on the breadboard. While it seems to work fine for a signal that pulses 3.3V on/off, it does not seem to work well for a signal that...
  7. M

Tduino can't find valid directory-OSX

The next button won't activate for any of the arduino locations on my computer. Need to update to use T3. /Applications/Arduino 1.0.app (1.0) /Applications/Arduino.app (0023) /Users/name/Applications (empty) /Users/name/Documents/Arduino/ (sketchbook folder)
  8. M

FreqCount/FreqMeasure with T3

Would like to use the T3 to interface to the HH10D Humidity Sensor using the frequency output. I have it working with a Pro Mini, and have used the library on T2, would like to use on T3. Has the lib been ported yet, or is porting neccesary?
  9. M

low voltage tripping bounce?

Here is today's back-and-forth.
  10. M

No idea what it was set to- the menu is stuck in japanese/chinese right now and I really don't know how to use a scope effectively, even if it were in english. I know how to move positions and that's about it. I've not gotten to your suggestions yet due to time and money, but I'm going to add...
  11. M

Paul, here is some information that might help you understand the situation.
  12. M

That's what I thought. Got this from Randy already, so I may have useful feedback finally from somebody that actually knows the environment.
  13. M

Paul, what is the functional difference between INPUT with the pin written HIGH, and INPUT_PULLUP? I am currently using the former, would the latter do anything different functionally? I contacted a person that does on board computers for racing, and he said he can help a little bit, but not...
  14. M

Thanks Paul, I will definitely keep that in mind. I haven't had a chance to do much testing (still dealing with homework), but I can try using alligator clips to ground the shield. I haven't really figured out how to use the scope I have, but what would be the best way to look at the noise...
Back