Recent content by markonian

1. M

Trouble passing Serial, Serial1, Serial2 as a reference

You have defined 3 variables named MySerial. This is probably not what you intended.
  2. M

Question on adapting Teensy to Adafruit Screw Shield

Here's one more idea, although it does not reuse your existing Adafruit Screw Shield R3. Combine these two item: Terminal Block Breakout FeatherWing $5.95 Teensy 3.x Feather Adapter $14.95
  3. M

Teensy4 / Audio Board

@mlinton, don't give up. Get a set of "flush" wire cutters, like these for example: These are similar. These are thin enough that they can slide in between the Teensy and the Audio Board. Cut all the pins connecting the two boards. Be careful not to damage the SD card slot on the Audio Board...
  4. M

Addressing multiple serial midi outputs through a variable or array?

That's the scope resolution operator. It is used for Qualified name lookup. In this case, the #include of "MIDI.h" declares the namespace named midi. midi::MidiInterface refers to the MidiInterface member of the midi namespace, which happens to be a class template.
  5. M

USB + External Power on 3.2

No. First, two nits: What is meant by "the circuit also works"? How are you testing this? FYI, the Blink example sketch is a good simple test. The link you provided is to PJRC's How-To Tips: Using External Power and USB. It's not clear what example you are referring to. Also, be aware that...
  6. M

while (midi.read())

https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/while
  7. M

Teensy 4.0 First Beta Test

[deleted. I'll try again]
  8. M

Teensy Audio 24bit 48kHz qustions and more..

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was kinda busy. Frank B's comment is brilliant and I agree. If I were to purchase a higher-end audio board (and this thread makes me want to!! ;) ), I'd much prefer digital I/O. It is so very common for modern Pro and semi-pro audio equipment to have to have...
  9. M

Paul, I use Logic on Macs but I have limited awareness of other DAW software. However, I did run across a plugin that listed all the DAW software that it was compatible with, and the list was very eye opening for me. I'm making absolutely no comment about the plugin, just pointing out the list...
  10. M

This is a very interesting conversation. @Van, I'm greatly impressed that you've built your own instruments. But what is the need for 24-bit, different sample rates, etc. for such projects. Would you not use a DAW and/or outboard equipment for that?
  11. M

Now retired. Like many people with curiosity and motivation, I've acquired semi-pro h/w + s/w engineering and audio knowledge and skills over the last 25 years. Both of Paul's referenced quotes are right on. The main two reason to use 24-bit is 1) to make it easier to set the recording input...
  12. M

Here, Floating-Point Audio Library Extension
  13. M

For completeness, I intended to include this link:
  14. M

Not sure you've seen the Audio Library Development Roadmap. In it, Paul gives more information about his goals for the Audio Library and why, including 24 Bit Data & Faster Sample Rates. In the end,
  15. M

Running first sketch with Teensy 3.2

I see that you are using a Mac. "About Arduino..." will show you the version numbers for both the Arduino and Teensyduino. Check that the version number of Teensyduino appears. If not, Teensyduino is likely not installed. Here's an example: Not sure if you did this, but you should select one...
Back