Recent content by ModalModule

1. M

6 channel line level audio interface with teensy 4.1?

Ya, I had an issue initially where the tempo was faster than it should've been in my test project, but it turned out the daw "automatically" set the sample rate to 44.1, once I manually set it to 48 it was fine, which I took to mean that ADC can only do 48? That's what I tend to use anyway so it...
  2. M

These 2: (one dac and one ADC, I wanted both in one but couldn't find one) https://a.co/d/6RqSvPp https://a.co/d/byft3ep
  3. M

Well, this time bad news for the progression of teensy audio (for now), but good news for me, and I'm properly shocked: the 2 Amazon dac/adc boxes I got actually work! Not only that, they seem to sound pretty damn good. So for the time being, my input/output needs are sorted. But hey, it looks...
  4. M

Ok well given the circumstances, it is worth the lower investment to *try* an entertainment level ADC from Amazon just to get 2 more analog ins into the spdif in on my interface, bringing the total to 6. I *don't* have high hopes for 1) it being compatible with a studio audio interface, and 2)...
  5. M

And with that, that brings the rough total of this project beyond $80, and I'm still not even entirely positive I'll be able to capture 6 lines cleanly... Hmmmmm... (Of course still beats $500 for an interface haha)
  6. M

Ah, I misunderstood between Paul talking about 2 I2C ports, and you mentioning "a couple" audio adapters, that I would only need 2, which led me to assume I could get more inputs than 2 from one (ie 4 from one, 2 from another). Now I see I'll need to stack 3 adapters with the one teensy. Quite...
  7. M

So I *just* realized the connectors already soldered are in fact audio connectors, they looked like power, and it wasn't very clear on the site tbh. So with that, those would probably be input 1-2, then 5-6 on the next board, then it looks like there's pins L R and ground for "line in" so I'm...
  8. M

Now trying to get a little more detailed in my prep for this, I'm realizing each audio board needs power, and it doesn't look like they can pull from the USB bus power of the teensy? Would be nice if it all could be USB powered but if not it is what it is.
  9. M

Well, bad news for me, but potentially good news for those looking to further teensy audio: my interfaces can't be aggregated because they can only use internal clock sources. So back to this plan! Haha
  10. M

Hahaha aren't we all. Save us oh mighty teensy master! Anyway I should be able to mess with my potential temp solution today. Not at all teensy audio related, but would at least get me by. Time will tell.
  11. M

To be clear, usually pops/clicks/glitches are just a result of the buffer size being too small, and lengthening it can solve those issues.
  12. M

Well this is more or less why I was asking about drivers, because in my experience with windows there isn't usually a way to decide buffer size unless you have a dedicated driver. One possible solution is asio4all, but even that's a bit touch and go. On that note, I completely forgot you can...
  13. M

Ok, this is great info, and I really appreciate it! Now Paul had also mentioned that the driver side of things was not yet ready to handle all that, but is that in fact true? The work you and McGinty did, did it include audio drivers for applications like a DAW?
  14. M

Well first off, it'd only need to be 44.1 realistically (maybe 48), the source itself is not super high quality, I just want to capture it authentically if possible. Same for the outputs for live. I am also on windows, but am fine with hacking things to work right. Luckily the material isn't...
  15. M

Hmm, and that said going to studio monitors I'd still want a balanced signal if possible. Anyone know anything about that? But ya, I just meant such that the 3 left channels aren't summing into 1 and distorting, likewise for right, and perhaps being able to turn them up and down from each other...
Back