Recent content by monkeybiscuits

1. M

Can Teensy 3.x receive MIDI on pin 7 or 9? Or is it really only Serial1?

MIDI in works fine but the signal seems to be jumping to adjacent pins. Down on pin 7 it was between the clock and latch pins of my serial display causing all kinds of weird things to happen. I figured I'd just fiddled with pin 7 one too many times so I moved MIDI in back up to pin 0. Pin 1 is a...
  2. M

Ok. I plan to go ahead and use Serial1 for the MIDI input on the final layout anyway. But that's good info.
  3. M

Final answer...YES, Teensy 3.x (and presumably LC) can receive MIDI on all three serial ports. I moved the MIDI input to pin 0 and, when that wasn't working, I knew I had some wires crossed on my MIDI circuit. I sorted that out and got it working on Serial1 but I figured it would be more...
  4. M

Thanks for doing that. I tried "Serial.print(Serial3.read());" too and I just got "-1" streaming across the page. Then I tried this... if (Serial3.read != -1){ Serial.print("MIDI"); } Still can't get notes to register. You say Serial1 and Serial2 work ok though?
  5. M

Ok thanks. Am I getting any closer with this... #include "Arduino.h" #include <MIDI.h> void noteoff(byte channel, byte note, byte velocity){ Serial.println("note OFF"); } void noteon(byte channel, byte note, byte velocity){ Serial.println("note ON"); } void setup() {...
  6. M

Thanks. I'm actually trying to go the opposite direction though. I want the MIDI out from my drum pad to run into the MIDI IN connector I have set up on pin 7 of the Teensy. Then I want the Teensy to send that MIDI info through usbMIDI to the computer.
  7. M

How hard can this be!!! MIDI CC to Hardware

I think you're just missing some square brackets and, if you need a value from 0 to 63, divide by 16 instead of 8. #include <MIDI.h> // Variables: int cc = 1; int AnalogValue[2] = {0,0}; // define variables for the controller data int lastAnalogValue[2] = {0,0}; // define the "lastValue"...
  8. M

I've got an Alesis Performance Pad plugged into a MIDI IN connector which is routed to pin 7 on my Teensy 3.1 according to (the left side of) this schematic. The quality of my craftsmanship is certainly in question but I want to make sure I'm testing with code that should definitely be working...
  9. M

That's good to know. It means 3 things. 1) Maybe MIDI.h needs an update. 2) I don't need to re-solder anything. 3) My problem with getting MIDI input is something else. For starters I've edited MIDI.h to use serial port 3 and I'm trying this... #include <MIDI.h> void setup() {...
  10. M

MIDI.h says... // Use Serial1 on all Teensy boards, because Serial is USB virtual serial // Arduino.h must be included before MIDI.h to define CORE_TEENSY #if defined(CORE_TEENSY) #undef USE_SERIAL_PORT #define USE_SERIAL_PORT Serial1 #endif ...but the date on that file is older than...
  11. M

Analog input protection

Do you currently have working code to translate the analog range of the expression pedal to MIDI? If so, you should post it. It may be as simple as changing a "1023" to a "1011" (that's the max analog I get with a 100 ohm resistor). Use "Examples/Teensy/Tutorial4/AnalogInput" to be sure.
  12. M

stabilize analog input

Encoders are handy for some things like having your code set its value without having to physically turn the knob. But they're not without their own complications. For example the number of pulses isn't necessarily 1 per detent (the quadratic encoder I have is 4 pulses per detent). More...
  13. M

stabilize analog input

Encoders are handy for some things like having your code set its value without having to physically turn the knob. But they're not without their own complications. For example the number of pulses isn't necessarily 1 per detent (the quadratic encoder I have is 4 pulses per detent). Also, you're...
  14. M

Using Serial and MIDI USB types at the same time

I can't see a problem with yours but here's the one I use. #elif defined(USB_MIDI) #define VENDOR_ID 0x16C0 #define PRODUCT_ID 0x0485 #define MANUFACTURER_NAME {'T','e','e','n','s','y','d','u','i','n','o'} #define MANUFACTURER_NAME_LEN 11 #define PRODUCT_NAME...
  15. M

Building A 25-Key Midi Pedalboard

Nice work! I'd be interested to know why you're not getting the info in MIDI-OX with this setup.
Back