Recent content by Myreauks

1. M

Write from SD Card to RAM

Looks like h4yn0nnym0u5e already answered, I would second using his library for these purposes. I have been meaning to try it for the longest time but I've had too much other stuff going and have not had yet time to test it out. I believe that it will be perfect for my use-case at least.
  2. M

Yet Another File Player (and recorder)

Sounds good! I’ll check it out as soon as I get my testing hardware back together!
  3. M

That approach sounds good. Here is a set of samples I have been using for testing: https://theremin.music.uiowa.edu/MISpiano.html So far I've tested them with FrankB's waveplayer, which plays the samples straight from the SD card I believe. It has been working surprisingly well, but I have a...
  4. M

Hi! Looks to be a great project. I am wondering how this would work in the following use case: Say, I have a set of 88 piano samples in wav files, or it could even be as high as 264 wav files if there are three separate files for different loudness for each note. In an optimal situation, each...
  5. M

Teensy 4.1 + MAX98089

Hi! I hand-soldered the chip and turns out it had solder bridges just on the headphone-pins. It's quite a small chip so no wonder, a pretty big challenge to solder on a normal soldering iron. However, I managed to do it quite nicely with some solder paste. I have now re-soldered the whole...
  6. M

Teensy 4.1 + MAX98089

Aaand never mind, problem solved.
  7. M

Teensy 4.1 + MAX98089

Hi! I am trying to interface the MAX98089 audio codec with Teensy 4.1. Mainly I am interested in this codec, as it has integrated speaker amp and some more interfacing options compared to SGTL5000. I have a custom board based on the evaluation board reference design of the MAX98089. I have...
  8. M

Teensy-Based Sampler: "dynamic" Memory Allocation?

Hi blakeAlbion! Could you share code for your solution, I have been battling the exact same problem with sample playing from SD, but memory allocation is still a bit too much for my skills at the moment. It would be super-helpful if I could get a working example code of how you got it working...
  9. M

Compatible PSRAM chips with Teensy 4

Thanks for the reply, Paul! That seems to be way over my skill level currently. Guess I will stick to T4.1 and its QSPI for now.
  10. M

Compatible PSRAM chips with Teensy 4

Hi Paul! If I understand correctly, the standard SPI has plenty of speed for supporting, for example, multiple delays for different audio streams, but the problem is that the software implementation is blocking? Would the high CPU usage be solved by using DMA for the SPI transfers with the RAM...
  11. M

Limits of delay effect in audio library

Hi Robz! Did you ever end up trying the Frank's memory board with 6x PSRAM chips? I'm interested in trying this out myself but would like to double check before ordering anything. Another more broad question, not particularly to you Robz. Of course if you can help, it's very welcome. What is...
  12. M

Arduino CLI And IDE now Released - Teensy Supported!

Thanks, got it working!
  13. M

Arduino CLI And IDE now Released - Teensy Supported!

I just discovered the latest progress on Teensy-support for arduino-cli. I must say this is great news. Finally an easy way to use my favourite IDE for editing without having to rely on the Arduino IDE for compiling. After fighting with makefiles for a week, it was amazing the get the blink.ino...
  14. M

WaveplayerEx

And I have finally managed to solve the source every last click and pop that was still happening. I am powering some speakers and a 5W amp from the same source as the Teensy and the USB host has some trouble handling my midi keyboard while I'm driving the speakers with high power. So, nothing to...
  15. M

WaveplayerEx

So far so good with testing the WaveplayerEx for my project. I have managed to make a drum sampler that can be played quite reliably. I was testing it really hard and smashing a lot of keys on my keyboard and I'm getting some clicks still. To solve this, I tried to allocate more memory for the...
Back