Recent content by nemail

1. N

How to wire and GND everything correctly to get accurate ADC readings in my project?

*bump* anyone got an idea? maybe paul himself? I promise, I'll buy a Teensy 4.0 when it is released :-)
  2. N

How to wire and GND everything correctly to get accurate ADC readings in my project?

Hi so I got this project of mine, which I'm working on for quite some time now and making good progress. Most things work quite well and satisfying however one thing kinda destroys my brain on a regular basis. I get quite inaccurate readings from the ADC and I mostly blame my ground plane...
  3. N

Circuitry ok to measure my PSU's voltage using the integrated Teensy 3.5 ADC?

Hi, I'm working on my Lab PSU for quite a few months now and switched from a dedicated ADC (MCP3204) to the Teensy 3.5 integrated ADC recently to put the cost down a bit. Here's a (a bit outdated) schematics, but you'll get an idea what I'm talking about...
  4. N

DAC/ADC reference inconsistency

Thanks, good looking device, but the opamp is not the issue if I'm not misleaded. I use the OPA2197 which can go all the way down to a few mV with single supply voltage, which is good enough. The problem is the DAC, which outputs at least around 5mV or so, which get amplified by the opamp by a...
  5. N

because that would make an even higher gain of the opamp necessary, which is quite high with 2.048V VREF already. That raises the minimum output of the DAC you could get to about 50-80mV which is not good for a Lab PSU where you want to regulate your output all the way down zero or at least near...
  6. N

Hi Paul, I came across this issue with my Teensy 3.5, I was pretty shocked when I realized that I cant use my external 2.048V reference for the DAC. Absolutely didn't expect that. However, I'm not giving up (yet). I was digging in the datasheet and the reference manual of the MCU and according...
  7. N

teensy 3.5 reset/crash when comparing unsigned char with int??

That makes sense, thanks! There is even a pull request in the github repo of the mesh lib which changes a similar piece of code to memcopy: https://github.com/TMRh20/RF24Mesh/pull/113 frame_buffer is an uint8_t array of size 32 and is filled right before the dereferencing: // Dump the payloads...
  8. N

teensy 3.5 reset/crash when comparing unsigned char with int??

Hi i'm doing this, using a modified version of the RF24Network lib by tmrh20: ... // Read the beginning of the frame as the header RF24NetworkHeader *header = (RF24NetworkHeader*)(&frame_buffer); ... if ((header->type != 128 && header->type != 129 && header->type != 194 && header->type !=...
  9. N

Teensy3.5 and SSD1351 128x128 OLED

thanks! as stated, the "test" sketch works fine. The pinout is definitely kind of weird but I confirmed SDA being MOSI and SCL being SCK. My OLED knowingly supports 5V VIN, as well as 3.3V.
  10. N

Thanks for your help, I'll try out the Adafruit Lib + the uncannyEyes example. The library was indeed offered by the Teensyduino Setup, so I assumed it will be compatible. edit: ok i tested the "test" sketch from the Adafruit SSD1351 examples and it works, even at 120MHz(!)
  11. N

anyone? did I miss some details?
  12. N

Hi today I got my Teensy 3.5 and so I tried to hook it up to my SSD1351 128x128 RGB OLED Display. I'm using the SSD1351 Library which comes with the Teensyduino setup (this one: https://github.com/kirberich/teensy_ssd1351). All I get is this: This is how I attached it: This is the code...
Back