Recent content by P Dobson

1. P

Teensy 4.0 i2c Port1

I just wish I had started software earlier in my career, always seemed to me to be a black art. I ran an electronics company for ten years and now retired stared dabbling in my other hobby, flying. As a result I now use Teensys for high calibre hobby flight simulators driving simulated flight...
  2. P

Teensy 4.0 i2c Port1

Hi BriComp, Works a treat, thank you so much for your help. I think I understand why it works but now I have got this going I can finish what I was doing and then spend more time understanding how the code is working. Appreciate the library "WireData.h" is exchanges for direct code instead. I...
  3. P

Teensy 4.0 i2c Port1

The following code runs correctly if I use i2c port 0 changing (wire1 to wire). But this would occupy two useful PWM channels, so I want to use i2c port1. If I modify the code to "wire1" this redirects the port pins that are used correctly. I can see the data on an oscilloscope. But the...
  4. P

ILI9341 seven segment font

Hi Kris, That was amazingly useful. The only reason I was using Adafruit library is because I did not know any better. Now switched to _t3 and created my own font. Progress. Thank you so much for your help. Also Thanks to Kurt. Charging ahead now :-) BR Pete Dobson.
  5. P

Thanks Kurt, Now need to spend a bit of time absorbing your detailed information. Thanks again. BR Pete D.
  6. P

Sorry, very much a newby, I want to write 7 segment font ( 0 to 9 only) to the QVGA 2.2" display 240x320. I have no idea how to a) find a suitable font, b) how to call it for use in the code. I have been playing with the code below (completely unfinished) but if I can change the default font...
  7. P

Teensy LC timers

Teensy LC timer read by DMA? Thank you Paul. Moved on a bit (with your help) and have uncovered another problem. If the phasing of the two signals are pretty much in sync then the channel interrupt (ISR Ch X) occurs whilst the reference interrupt (ISR Ref) is still running (Measured to be 2 to...
  8. P

Teensy LC timers

Teensy LC timers. Since last posting I have moved on a bit. Got all 6 channels to work and print out, but do not have the knowledge to format the data into a form that can be sent via i2c. can any one help? I don't understand "union" for example or how to use it in this application. I need to...
  9. P

Teensy LC timers

Well that fixed it. Thanks Manitou, your work on dual Teensys got me thinking down different routes and overnight it became obvious. I am getting multiple falling edges on the interrupt lines. Checked it out this morning and sure enough there they were approx 1uS apart. That'll teach me to...
  10. P

Teensy LC timers

Teensy LC misbehaving. Thanks very much for the code worked a treat and it has moved me forward a long way. I am pretty happy with the hardware. A single 0v every where, the input comparators are supplied from the Teensy 3.3v so should not be any issues there. The sine wave inputs are all...
  11. P

Teensy LC timers

Teensy LC timers. Hi Theremingenieur, I am still having trouble with I2C so have put that to one side for the moment and instead I am outputting the Resolver angle as an analogWrite. Then in the other teensy 3.5 card I am analogReading the value to get the effect I need. This works as long as...
  12. P

Teensy LC timers

Thank you Paul, I will have a look at the FreqMeasureMulti. Will also check out unsigned Integers to cope with overflow. I ran your code Theremingenieur, and as expected it works with the hardware just fine. The test Print output is perfect. The serial data output is present and the number of...
  13. P

Teensy LC timers

Thank you all for your help. I apologizes the most important piece of information I forgot to add is that this is driving aircraft system instruments (made by Frasca) so all the signals to and from the resolver are 400Hz. So a timer that last just a little longer that 2.5mS before overflow would...
  14. P

Teensy LC timers

Thanks for your very quick reply. The reason for no attachment is that I could not see how to attach a file. But now I return to the forum the WEB layout is different so have attached the file in question. Basically I am trying to read the timing of interrupts when they arrive to allow me to...
  15. P

Teensy LC timers

I have a working script for Teensy ++2 but when I change to the Teensy LC the timer register values are not recognized: TCCR3A = 0; TCCR3B = 0; I also want to read the timer which for Teensy ++2 works: timerRef = TCNT3; What text format should I use to access the Teensy LC timer (don't...
Back