Recent content by PhilK

1. P

High Speed DAC for Teensy 4.1?

Thanks! Great information and much appreciated. I am getting the picture that 4MSPS is perhaps a bit too much for off-the-shelf shield hardware.
  2. P

Thank you, very helpful clarification! Perhaps 4MSPS is on-the-edge possible with teensy4, if I'm willing to go to 8-bit or 6-bit? My previous solution was based on Spartan-6 FPGA, but those are now 2-year lead time (!!) due to the worldwide semiconductor shortage. Thought *maybe* I could...
  3. P

Hi, I see from the imxrt1062 datasheet that its internal 12-bit ADC is capable of operating up to 40 MSPS (40 million samples per second). However there is no equivalent internal DAC capability. Does anyone know of any external shields or peripheral PCBs that I could attach to a Teensy 4.1. to...
  4. P

How to watch for out-of-memory errors?

Hi, If the stack or malloc heap in Teensy 4.x grows too large for the space available, how will I know? I'm starting to suspect out-of-memory errors in some strange crashes I'm seeing. Is there some facility or function I can use within my sketch to constantly monitor free memory? Thanks!
  5. P

teensy_loader_cli executable for windows?

Does anyone happen to have a windows executable for teensy_loader_cli, the Teensy Loader Command Line Interface, that is recent enough to work with Teensy 4.1? I am quite unfamiliar with gcc compiling (which is why I like Teensyduino!) Many thanks!
  6. P

T4.1 Ethernet Library

Based on this quote, I'd think you'd agree that the conditional of the second if statement has a mistake and should be _socket_num instead of socket_num? (P.S. Thanks for the contribution of this great library, by the way!)
  7. P

T4.1 Ethernet Library

I think you're right about the history of the code. But it feels like perhaps the intent was to do limit-checking on the input parameter to the function, and so this is a typo? Perhaps such limit-checking is not necessary, and always choosing the 'else' path is perfectly fine in all situations.
  8. P

T4.1 Ethernet Library

Hi, I was looking through NativeEthernet.cpp and found this function: void EthernetClass::setSocketNum(uint8_t _socket_num){ if(socket_num != 0) return; if(socket_num > FNET_CFG_SOCKET_MAX) socket_num = FNET_CFG_SOCKET_MAX; else socket_num = _socket_num; } it seems in order to get...
  9. P

Teensy 4.1 ethernet "receiver not active" error

Thank you!!! I will try that. If I can't always prevent the overflow, once the ring buffer is full, is there some special step I have to do to get it un-stuck and back into normal operation (do I have to set the ENET_RDAR register?) Much Appreciated!
  10. P

I have studied the problem a bit more, and suspect that it occurs under conditions where the Teensy is flooded with incoming packets right at the moment of startup. My working theory (perhaps entirely off-base) is that the Receive Ring gets instantly filled with incoming packets as soon as the...
  11. P

Hello, there is a bit of code inside the teensy41_ethernet.ino sketch which is: if (!(ENET_RDAR & ENET_RDAR_RDAR)) { print("receiver not active\n"); } I have been finding that under various situations and environments, this message is sometimes thrown repeatedly, depending on the current...
  12. P

Any way to access HTTPS secure web sites with a Teensy?

Is there any pre-existing library to allow a Teensy 3.x or 4.x to access a secure HTTPS web site through ethernet? Seems like nowadays that people have seen that IOTs can become dangerous botnets, you'd only want to use TLS/HTTPS secure connections from now on? My brief reading seems to...
  13. P

Teensy-based mouse can't connect to CircuitsAtHome USBhost

Just gave this a try; using the USBHost_t36 on the second port of a Teensy 3.6, all the USB mice I have work perfectly, including the Teensy-based mouse and also a MKRZERO-based mouse, (both of which did not work with UHS2.0). Very impressive!
  14. P

Thank you both for your guidance. Pointed by you in the correct direction to meander, I think I am coming to an improved understanding. As I understand it, a USB mouse may operate in two different modes; (1) a BOOT-mouse mode, which is designed to provide simple mouse functionality, for...
  15. P

Since it appears the error occurs in the CircuitsAtHome code, I would think this issue could be duplicated by using a Teensy USB host shield and then plugging a Teensy LC or Teensy 3.6 HID device into it. (It would be odd that no one had tried that before? Plugging a Teensy into a Teensy?)
Back