Recent content by Raptor

1. R

PWM value for 100% ON

And that just highlights the value of an oscilloscope -- you can think you know what's suppose to happen but seeing is believing. A DVM, even a good bench meter is never going to see this so an o'scope is pretty much necessary. Brian
  2. R

PWM value for 100% ON

I looked at the Arduino site and didn't see anything about 256 equaling a digitalWrite versus an analogWrite but I guess I could have missed it. I can understand how variation is PWM frequency and PWM value could result in a mismatch that results in a remainder of some sort that expresses...
  3. R

PWM value for 100% ON

Well I just discovered something else here... I've been using a PWM frequency of 75Hz and at 75Hz PWM=255 does not give full ON whereas PWM=256 does. However, if I use the default PWM frequency of about 488Hz it's different. At the default PWM frequency of 488Hz PWM=255 is 100% ON. So...
  4. R

PWM value for 100% ON

I've been laboring under the notion that a PWM value of 255 was the maximum value and with the minimum being 0 from 0 to 255 is 256 values in total. So, I was just checking things with my oscilloscope and low-and-behold PWM=255 is NOT 100% ON. In order to get 100% ON you need to specify a PWM...
  5. R

Teensy 3.6 ADC

Thanks defragster. Yeah, the 2 least significant bits are usually suspect and keeping a clean signal path is useful. In my test rig, a rig for testing Peltier modules, I plan to add a couple current sense resistors to monitor the current going to the Peltier module and the heater. The...
  6. R

Teensy 3.6 ADC

The specifications list the Teensy 3.6 ADC as 13-bit which seems odd -- is it really? I haven't really played with the ADC yet but want to read current values across a current sense resistor so knowing more about the way the analog inputs are handled in the Teensy 3.6 would be nice -- any...
  7. R

Sometimes flaky program download

OK, that explains the time difference. And, now that I know that I'll know to wait instead of assuming it had hung. The first time download takes longer but knowing it's a one time deal I think we have resolved the problem... Brian
  8. R

OK, I completed the project testing I was doing and attempted to document the problem I was having. Again though, I had been connected with the laptop and running for more than a week straight without a problem so I thought it might have something to do with powering up. So, I shut everything...
  9. R

PWM updates

I'm curious about the way the Teensy 3.6 handles a change to an outputs PWM value. Specifically, if the program decides the PWM value needs to change and it writes that new value is the current PWM cycle interrupted and the new value started immediately or does it allow the current PWM cycle to...
  10. R

OK Paul, when I get a chance to test this I'll upload an unlisted video and provide you the link -- probably a couple days... Brian
  11. R

Well I'm still doing some project testing and my laptop and Teensy 3.6 has been powered on without interruption for about a week now and in that time the only download issues I've had were shortly after powering up. Since that first few attempts failed I've not had a single problem with program...
  12. R

I'm not using an external USB hub with my laptop. The laptop has three USB ports in total and no other devices are connected to the USB ports. Brian
  13. R

OK, it looks like the Mega2560 does have a separate USB chip, the ATMega16U2. Brian
  14. R

Paul, thanks for taking the time to respond... I failed to write down the specific error message but it occurred during the program download from IDE to Teensy 3.6. If/when this happens again I'll try to document whatever messages I see and report back. This may be a bit as I'm currently...
  15. R

I don't think the Mega 2560 has a dedicated USB chip but it does have 4 hardware based UARTS. I've tried several different cables with no help to the problem -- I either have the problem or I don't and I know of nothing I've done to make the difference. Brian
Back