Recent content by rbhollabaugh

1. R

Teensyduino 1.51 Released

Teensy ++2.0 Ubuntu 18.04 Arduino 1.8.12 TeensyDuino 1.51 Sample Code Example for ++2.0 WebServer Am I missing something here? In file included from /home/rich/Arduino/arduino-1.8.12/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Ethernet/src/Dns.cpp:8:0...
  2. R

Teensyduino 1.48 Released

I tried 1.49Beta 4 but still get the same error. This error did not occur in versions 1.46 and earlier (I never used 1.47). When this error happens I seem to be getting memory errors when the code runs.Is there anything I can do in my code - in general - to keep this from happening? The teensy...
  3. R

Teensyduino 1.48 Released

In file included from /home/rich/Arduino/arduino-1.8.10/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Ethernet/src/Dns.cpp:8:0: /home/rich/Arduino/arduino-1.8.10/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/Ethernet/src/Dns.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t DNSClient::BuildRequest(const char*)'...
  4. R

Teensy++2.0 Wiz811MJREV1.0 Teensyduino 1.40 vs 1.41 Arduino 1.85

That's it. Works fine now. Thanks for your help!
  5. R

Some more testing. I have removed the glcd library. Version 1.40 works and 1.41 does not work. The Ethernet.begin(mac) call fails. It returns a 0 on version 1.41. On 1.40 it is successful. Can anyone see a problem in my code? Here's the code: #include <SPI.h> #include <Ethernet.h> #define...
  6. R

Hi All, Ethernet stopped working when I went from Teensy 1.40 to 1.41. When I run arp I get "(incomplete)" for the MAC address. The other clue is that the GLCD.Print(After Begin) takes about 1 or 2 seconds with 1.40 but happens immediately with 1.41. Libraries used were all teensduino supplied...
  7. R

What is with 32768 Hz crystal for the teensy 2.0 ++?

Currently, data from the teensy gets sent to a desktop PC. Part of the data is the current time on the teensy. If the time is more than a few seconds off, the correct time is sent to the teensy. This has worked well for quite some time - years. Time updates were many days apart. Now the time...
  8. R

What is with 32768 Hz crystal for the teensy 2.0 ++?

On the Teensy ++2.0, I'd like to give the 32khz crystal a try. Can I use the FlexiTimer2 library to use the crystal? I'm using SPI, OneWire, EEPROM, Bounce2, openGLCD and Ethernet libraries. Are there any timer conflicts?
  9. R

MCP1825 3.3V Regulator and Teensy++2.0 and 5volts

So I've got a Teensy++2.0 that I have been using with the MCP1825 3.3V regulator with power coming from USB. All is working well. But I have a need to run this particular teensy at 5Volts for a quick test on another project. Can I just jump the 5volt pad to the center pad? This will short the...
  10. R

u8glib - Universal Graphics Library for displays

I have a teensy ++2.0 and one of the blue 128x62 PJRC glcd displays. I used the pin assignements from the KS0108/glcd lib to hook up the display to the teensy. Downloaded and installed the u8glib. In each example program you have to set the pin numbers. After setting the pin numbers the...
  11. R

u8glib - Universal Graphics Library for displays

Has anyone used this library on TeensyDuino? If so, what display/controller did you use and what was the outcome? Is there any reason to think this lib would not work with teensyduino? Lib code is here: http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/
  12. R

Ethernet Bootloader for Teensy?

Found USB over cat5 extenders. They look promising. Considering the claimed range for these extenders is right around the 200' distance I need to go, I'll recheck the length of the wire run. The conduit is already installed. Thanks.
  13. R

Ethernet Bootloader for Teensy?

Is there any way I can remotely load .hex files on to a teensy ++2.0 or 2.0? Ethernet using a Wiz812 is my first choice but RS485 or other serial would be an option. The cable run is about 200 feet. Right now the only thing I can think of is using a Raspberry pi together with the teensy to load...
  14. R

Bootloader and Watchdog Timer

Paul, Yes! that fixed it. So I guess the moral of the story is that I can't use WDT? Thanks, Rich
  15. R

Bootloader and Watchdog Timer

So I just tried using watchdog code I've used on 328s w/o bootloader and it works fine. So I tried similar code on the teensy++2.0. And now it seems the bootloader is out to lunch. Can not upload a new program. The code I used: #include <avr/wdt.h> int ledPin = 6; void setup() {...
Back