Recent content by RomanP

1. R

Reading incoming serial string

Dear brtaylor, BriComp, Frank B and el_supremo, Thank you very much for your answers! I used readStringUntil() as suggest and it works great. Here's the code I used: #define POPS_Serial Serial2 void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); POPS_Serial.begin(9600); } void loop() {...
  2. R

Reading incoming serial string

Hello everyone, This might have already been answered somewhere but after looking I couldn't find a good answer for my problem. I have an instrument (POPS) sending data once per second. The data string looks like this: xdata=3801013B1D00012200A0005900420047004C007A0008 xdata= is packet...
  3. R

Xbee 3.0 Pro with teensy 3.6 - Two way communication

Hi everyone, I am working on a project for atmospheric research. I have a set of instruments placed under a tethered balloon. My instruments record their data to a teensy 3.6. I need to send a subset of the data to ground. My intention is to use an Xbee 3.0 pro module with the SMA socket for an...
  4. R

Teensy 3.6 sd card data logging not working

Thanks! I actually tried with a smaller sd card that had FAT32 format and both my scripts worked well. Problem solved. Cheers!
  5. R

Yes, I've tried several examples from the libraries and I still have the same result. And yes I changed chipSelect to BUILTIN_SDCARD. Could it have something to do with the SD card I'm using? It's a 64GB SDHD card from SanDisk and has the exFAT format. I read somewhere that it had to be the...
  6. R

Hi, I have several sensors connected to my teensy 3.6. I need to log the data on an sd card. I am using the built in micro sd holder with a SanDisk 64 GB sd card. To test the data logger, I simply tried to save data from two analog pins that are measuring voltage and current from a battery...
  7. R

AnalogRead - random values teensy 3.6

Dear mborgerson and mlu, Thank you so much for your answers. I finally managed to solve the problem. My Analog GND pin was indeed not grounded! Now, I have a very clear and stable signal. Thank you! Roman
  8. R

AnalogRead - random values teensy 3.6

Hi, I'm trying to get readings on the voltage of my battery. Since the voltage of the battery exceeds 3.3V, I'm using a voltage divider with two 25 kohm resistors. See the attached picture for the schematic. Before using the battery, I tried with a benchtop power supply so I can play with...
  9. R

Getting 0-5V on teensy 3.6 analog pin with Bi-Directional Logic Voltage Level Convert

Dear PhilB, Sorry for the late reply. Thank you very much for your answer. I don't know why I haven't thought of that before. Cheers!
  10. R

Getting 0-5V on teensy 3.6 analog pin with Bi-Directional Logic Voltage Level Convert

Dear all, I have a set of probes measuring meteorological data. The data is then communicated as an analog voltage between 0 and 5 volts. Since teensy pins cannot tolerate voltages above 3.3V, I've decided to use a Bi-Directional Logic Voltage Level Converter from sparkfun...
  11. R

Serial communication between instrument and PC through teensy 3.6

Thank you very much XFer! It worked perfectly!
  12. R

Serial communication between instrument and PC through teensy 3.6

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to this world and need some guidance for a project I have. The current setup I have might seem dumb but it's not permanent. It's just a step for me to learn how to establish communication between an instrument, a teensy board and my laptop. Here's the setup...
Back