Recent content by rvh

1. R

EncoderTool wrong value on first anti-clockwise adjustment after power up

Thanks for the follow up. It turned out that the particular encoder I was testing was worse than most others that I tried (of the same model). But it would be nice to have my design more immune to sample variation. I'll give the polled version a try.
  2. R

On a somewhat related note, I find with the encoder I'm using that I don't always get changes when clicking to a next detent. Switching to full mode shows more or less than the expected 4 pulse changes. Is there a way of dealing with this in software so I can ensure single increments/decrements...
  3. R

Tested now with the 1us delay added after setting pinmodes in encoder.h, and can confirm it fixes the issue for me too. Thanks very much, it's greatly appreciated.
  4. R

Do you mean in EncoderTool.h? I'm having a bit of trouble locating where that lives (but see the stock encoder.h lib no problems). Will report back when I can find it! ...OK I see you probably mean encoder.h in the src/single directory?
  5. R

No, as I showed above the encoder gives 4 outputs per detent. Also, it works exactly as expected apart from that very specific first anticlockwise detent click after power up. Seems more like some sort of initialization issue to me.
  6. R

>Looks like it doesn't read the pinlevels at startup correctly. How did you connect the encoder? >I tested your code with a directly connected encoder (common GND) without any additional stuff. It works without issue here. My encoder is directly connected too, with A/B to pins 17/16 on T4.1 and...
  7. R

I'm using EncoderTool.h (version 3.2.0 + Teensyduino 1.59) on T4.1 with a Bourns 24 detent encoder (PEC11R-4215F-S0024) and getting an error for the very first anti-clockwise adjustment after power up. The error arises between the initial and next (anti-clockwise) detent, as soon as the encoder...
  8. R

Teensy 4.1: flashing fails every other time

As it turns out the display presence/absence was a red herring. Instead, as I anecdotally noted in the other thread where I wrote about this issue, there is variation across my T4.1 boards where some have the timeout error on the erase cycle and others don't. This is when they're plugged into...
  9. R

Teensy 4.1, lockable (I'm just about to test to see if I get any different behaviors for hex and ehex files) (with no ethernet in case it makes a difference)
  10. R

It's interesting that without the display the erase time seems (probably just) short enough for the unextended version of teensy loader to work reliably. Whereas with the display connected I get a download error the first time, and success every second time because (I assume ) the erase is...
  11. R

Thanks. For the macos build, I was told the Teensy loader times were noticeably slower than for the windows version. Is it possible to extend the macos version timeout even further for test purposes, e.g. to 2 minutes?
  12. R

Thanks Paul, I appreciate the added comments. However, the Teensy in my circuit board has a well bypassed linear LM7805 T0-220 regulator all to itself so it can optionally drive a MIDI controller on the USB host port. And the touch display is powered by a separate LM7805 SOT223. I'll put a...
  13. R

Thanks, but my board has multiple regulators driven from a 9V plug pack, and doesn't use the USB 5V supply (track is cut). The Teensy, display, codec and analog circuits all have their own regulators.
  14. R

After further investigation (back on my own windows system), I found that if I program the T4.1 with it removed from my custom circuit board I can get it to work every time even without the extended delay. I subsequently put together a circuit board that contains everything except the ILI1394...
  15. R

Thanks very much Paul, that's greatly appreciated. I won't be testing it myself as I know virtually nothing about MAC OS, but have someone else who is testing it for me. I'll pass on your comment about the notarization. Regarding the next beta, do you have any idea what sort of time scale we're...
Back