Recent content by RyanElmendorf

1. R

Is the maximum number of leds on a single strand 1365?

well that worked. removing the while loop from the end of show() allows for calling show again, potentially after copying new data into the displayMemory. you just need to wait for busy() to return false before calling show the first time to avoid interrupting a frame in progress. //remove line...
  2. R

I'll try that, I assume I'd also have to change the buffer pointers to the second half of the data before calling show for the second half or just have the isr call it if theres any data left. Alternately, I'm also looking into using the ESG feature on dma1 and 3.
  3. R

I wonder if it's possible to start another dma transfer before the leds reset?
  4. R

aww hell, I designed this project assuming I could do 20 pins at ~3000 leds each 10fps. These super tight led strips add up fast! Thanks for the response though!
  5. R

I've at least confirmed that it works at all with fastLed with no parallel output. So it must be something with the DMA code in the OctoWS2811 library.
  6. R

Thanks for the link! That must be the root of the problem. I'm still confused though since he says that's no longer a problem with the 4.1
  7. R

I'm experiencing a limit to the number of leds in a single strand of 1365 using the OctoWS2811 library on a Teensy 4.1 When I run the code below it fails to update the leds but does not crash. Is there a limit to the number of leds in a single strand? I apologize in advance if I missed...
  8. R

Teensy 4.0 Locks up sending udp

Teensy 4.0 with w5500 ethernet freezes when you call sendPacket using UDP: #include <SPI.h> #include <Ethernet.h> #include <EthernetUdp.h> byte g_mac[] = { 0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 42 }; IPAddress g_ip(10, 1, 10, 42); IPAddress g_clientIP(10, 1, 10, 10); unsigned int g_clientPort =...
  9. R

Teensy 3.6 UDP broadcast

Shouldn't you be calling beginMulticast instead of begin?
  10. R

Small bug in EthernetClient write

Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this but there is a small bug in the standard ethernet library. The write function in EthernetClient returns the wrong size. If any bytes were written it claims to have written all the bytes. Here is the corrected code beginning on line 83...
Back