Recent content by SimonWakley

1. S

Arduino 2.0.3 FQBN Error

Hi, Thanks for the fast answer. Seems good now! Simon
  2. S

Arduino 2.0.3 FQBN Error

I am trying to get a project to work with Arduino 2.0.2 which did work once or twice and I can get to work with Arduino 1.8.19 I select Teensy 4.1 and the Port and the USB type (Raw Hid project) and I get Invalid FQBN: not an FQBN...
  3. S

Teensy 2.0++ USB HID Device with Serial keyboard

Maybe you could use the Teensy 4.1 and plug the keyboard into the USB header and then use the Teensy 4.1 to do any mapping changes. Talk to the Teensy over Ethernet it has the native ethernet already there. I have done a simple server on Teensy 4.1 as well as Heltec WifiKit32 and found the...
  4. S

USB HID Development.

Hi, I have some projects I am interested in pushing forward to make simple HID units that are easily identifiable with a number of different names and inputs/outputs. Nothing very complex, but it requires repeated hacks of the USB header files etc. (Rather beyond my skill set) I assume someone...
  5. S

XBox Controller & Teensy Joystick coexist

I would like to have a standard XBox controller working alongside a Teensy joystick. At the moment if I use both, the teensy overwrite the values form the XBox and vv. Is there an easy way (without going down the USB Rabbit hole) to make the Joystick.send_now(); not conflict with the XBox. I...
  6. S

ArduServer and UDP Receiver Sender combined

Hi, I have a program running on a Teensy 4.1 that receives a packet over UDP and re-sends it to a number of IPs and Ports on an interrupt. I can configure the IPs and Ports over Serial but it is a little clunky, I figured I could use ArduServer and write a simple form page that could allow...
  7. S

Power Over Ethernet Prototype Board for Teensy 3.6

Hi, Could this be re-started for Teensy 4.1 or are you willing to share some of the experience (circuits?) Thanks Simon
  8. S

Stepper output from a motion controller

I have a motion controller system that works on sending position updates every 20ms. It work great for servos, but the issue I have with steppers is the 50Hz is not synchronous to the stepper output as it is continuously varying and I believe that simply outputting a varying speed to a stepper...
  9. S

Yes, another ST7789 Display

Has anyone had luck with this display? It's from BuyDisplay and is pretty cheap and has a CS line so in theory you can put other SPI peripherals on the SPI port https://www.buydisplay.com/1-54-inch-tft-ips-lcd-display-module-240x240-spi-for-arduino-raspberry-pi I get some graphics test functions...
  10. S

Ethercat on Teensy 4.1?

I know running a slave has hardware issues, but what about making the Teensy an EtherCAT master? SOEM is open source and could maybe be ported. I might then need another EtherNET connector to be able to talk to the Teensy, but anyone looked into this? I've had some success with the SOEM...
  11. S

Teensy DMX Shield

Thanks. Love the Teensy 4.1 CAN Board BTW Got a nice CanOpen sniffer working!
  12. S

Teensy DMX Shield

Thanks for the data! I'll get right on it!
  13. S

Teensy DMX Shield

Does anyone have a circuit for a DMX on Teensy Shield. I want to make a DMX sniffer that can read DMX commands to test a Artnet->DMX connection. The Arduino one would work, but I'd love to use the Teensy 4.1. This would only need to read, not write DMX so it unusual. Thanks, Simon
  14. S

CANopen on top of FlexCAN

Don't see why not, but it is on the 4.1 for me - loving the built in RJ45 Interface #NativeEthernet. I used the CopperHill implementation board as it has a display, the RJ45 and the bus transceiver all built in.
  15. S

CANopen on top of FlexCAN

I have implemented a reduced set of CANopen, but enough to configure a couple of drives and run a motor using SDOs for config and PDOs to run. It took some work and really helps if you use a can sniffer like the Kvaser Leaf light (or you could program a teensy to do that if you're $ short and...
Back