Recent content by sonaben

1. S

TDM pins, which to use

Hi, What are the specific characteristics of the TDM pins for the Teensy 4.1? If I wanted to generate another TDM signal on top of the the embedded ones, which pins should I use? I guess it may have to do with the PLL but I don't know enough to understand what is involved. Thanks, Ben
  2. S

Audio clicks when changing mixer gain too fast

Update on this, I've tried with multiplying 2 sine waves and changing the phase of the amplitude modulation one (sine1: frequency: 0), but still no luck and getting clicks... Is it the same issue where it processes blocks at a time, not samples?? See code below, thank you I really don't know...
  3. S

Right I understand why the clicks happen now, thank you Mark I didn't know about the gains updating only at every block. @boxxofrobots, I get the principle and I tried and I it's working much better, I still get some clicks but it's more like pulsations because of the rapid gain changes and I...
  4. S

Thanks again Mark for an interesting answer! I implemented it and it helps a little bit (I found that 5ms with a dividor of 10 does a decent job) but there's still a considerable amount of noticeable clicking unfortunately. I don't think there's a magic answer with this problem, what I'd like...
  5. S

Thanks Mark, This was a mistake from the simple code but the issue remains the same: I need to update the gain from A to B (e.g 0.1 to 0.9) within a minimum amount of time (ideally < 50ms to be reactive enough). But combinations of values that allow a quick update e.g - change rate of 0.01...
  6. S

I want to control a mixer's gain with a joystick, but I get a lot of audio clicking even though I'm changing the gain smoothly (increase/decrease of 0.001). I guess this is because this isn't meant to be called too fast, but is there a way to avoid the clicks and have a smooth update...
  7. S

OTA through Ethernet with Teensy 4.1

Thanks Joe, that works with the FlasherX hex indeed! So I just need to make sure that the "fw_teensy40" is set in my hex, I guess I can use #define FLASH_ID "fw_teensy40" in my sketch. Thanks again :)
  8. S

OTA through Ethernet with Teensy 4.1

Has anyone been successful with FlasherX and the SD mode? Hi folks, I'm trying FlasherX to flash a hex file to my Teensy 4.0 using the SD card. I've uploaded the hex file to the SD which is 64.7kb big. When I run the program and enter 2 for SD I get the error: abort - new code missing...
  9. S

USB AUDIO_INTERFACE explanations please!

Hello, I'm working with a Teensy 4.0 with the USB as AUDIO (USB_AUDIO in usb_desc.h) trying to update the descriptors (final goal to increase the number of output channels), and I'm struggling to understand how the AUDIO_INTERFACE is configured and structured in usb_desc.c: #ifdef...
  10. S

USB_MIDI_AUDIO_SERIAL interface not working with some software (e.g VLC)

Playing audio with the Teensy (4.0) as a USB audio interface works well with VLC (or Spotify) when using the USB_AUDIO interface, but not the USB_MIDI_AUDIO_SERIAL one (no sound at all). Playing from Windows e.g Youtube in a browser works fine with both though. So there seems to be a bug...
  11. S

USB interface for multi channel outputs, not just stereo

Hi Felipe, I'll PM you!
  12. S

On my side I managed to get it "working" with 4 channels, but I'm getting some crackling which I haven't figured out yet. So if anyone more experienced would like to spend one hour debugging with me, that would be much appreciated :)
  13. S

48kHz 8i80 USB Audio

Great thanks Jay! On my side I managed to get it "working" with 4 channels, but I'm getting some crackling which I haven't figured out yet. So if anyone more experienced would like to spend one hour debugging with me, that would be much appreciated :)
  14. S

If someone who understands could explain what the bitwise operations do in the following function.... e.g why "left & 0x02"?! Thanks! static void copy_to_buffers(const uint32_t *src, int16_t *left, int16_t *right, unsigned int len) { uint32_t *target = (uint32_t*) src + len; while ((src <...
  15. S

48kHz 8i80 USB Audio

Hi, if anyone wants to collaborate on the multi channels side of this I've opened a new thread for a similar project, see https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/70176-USB-interface-for-multi-channel-outputs-not-just-stereo Cheers
Back