Recent content by spencoid

1. S

decoder for player piano audio encoded MIDI

i am getting a little spacy in my old age and can miss things like the fact that you did say no link found i was sort of looking for a long winded reply not just a few words :)
  2. S

sorry i left out the link but i had enumerated the supported types in the posting so it is really redundant but here it is http://www.kinura.net/mid2pianocd/
  3. S

you posted a blank reply
  4. S

I have a friend who would like me to write Arduino code (Ideally for teensy since it has good MIDI support) that will decode one of the audio encoded MIDI formats used by the modern player pianos. I Am connected to the guys who know a lot about this stuff and they could probably provide some...
  5. S

Going Crazy burning up Teensies

datasheet link for diode got mangled, here is another https://pdf1.alldatasheet.es/datasheet-pdf/view/191390/WTE/SR3100.html
  6. S

yes added diode. https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/624752...onics/SR3100/1 it worked until i moved parts around. at this point i think the only thing wrong could be the back EMF causing noise. however before i replaced the breakout board and all the wires it will killed at least one and maybe two...
  7. S

i made a similar test and ran it before but forget if i ran it on 3.3 or 5 volts. ready to test when i get a minute. trying to make some progress on getting ready for my big solar array arriving soon. means major organizing of workshop to make room for stuff.
  8. S

so even with that same display unit, different boards could do different things on the data lines? i read somewhere that the oled does work on 3.3 but other places that it needs 5 volts. ill try it on 3.3 and see myself. also if the 3.3 volt reg on the teensy is overloaded does it shut down...
  9. S

Final question before hopefully not burning up any more teensies I am almost ready to try again. I have moved the fet board far from the teensy and have ordered an isolated version. the only load on the 3.3 volt regulator in the teensy LC is a pot as a voltage divider. it draws .6 ma. I am...
  10. S

thanks, a very useful page.
  11. S

i did just what you said, 1/4 watt through hole and plastic cap will see how it works. I have another project that I am actually selling. It has a similar (but a gear type) motor going in two directions using and h bridge. Never had a problem and all the stuff is crammed in a similar small box...
  12. S

Thanks Paul for the suggestions. I moved the FET board to right near the motor so only unswitched DC goes past the signal wires. I will definitely add the diode before trying to burn up another teensy. I do have a scope but i would have to run the teensy fryer with the motor connected to be able...
  13. S

there are 10 uf (more like 7 and 8 ust be 20%) on the input and output. The teensies do not fry immediately. I think it is after the motor runs for a little while. I had the exact same setup working for hours. Only a problem once I put all the stuff in a small box and have the motor leads...
  14. S

The whole thing is powered by a 12 volt power supply. The teensy is powered by an adjustable step down converter that tests as a steady 5 volts. The fet board is a no name but here it is on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/133969622565 I attached a PDF drawing that shows all the connections to the...
  15. S

Forgot to mention that the display is powered with 5 volts which is what all tutorials suggest. The teensy LC is not 5 volt tolerant and it is possible that my initial success was with Teensy 3.2 but they are not available and I burned up my last one :)
Back