Recent content by steve.mcgie

1. S

Xbox Adaptive Controller with Teensy HID Joystick

I just realized that when I tried to reply to this thread, I was in fact replying on the thread that Chris linked above. If anyone is still interested, there's more discussion of this topic over there.
  2. S

Problem with Teensy USB HID / Joystick implementation ?

GD, thanks for reviving this thread! Modifying the drivers is unfortunately a bit above my level, if you know what I mean. I trust the XInput author over myself on this, for sure. Unfortunately, I couldn't get XInput working either. I couldn't get "XInput" to show up in the "USB Type" menu...
  3. S

Teensy 2.0 and 3.2 responding differently to Python serial communication

In my current project, the Teensy can have certain settings reprogrammed through a GUI. This is done by sending a long string with the settings over USB serial. The Teensy then parses the settings and writes them to internal EEPROM. The GUI can also send a particular character over serial to...
  4. S

Xbox Adaptive Controller with Teensy HID Joystick

I've been playing around recently with Microsoft's new Xbox Adaptive Controller, which is meant to be like a 'modular' gaming controller for people with disabilities. One of the features on it is that you can plug one or two HID joysticks into it, and it interprets the X & Y axes of the...
  5. S

Sparkfun no longer carrying 2.0?

Thanks, glad to hear it! Keep up the good work, guys!
  6. S

Sparkfun no longer carrying 2.0?

I just noticed that Sparkfun has the 2.0 listed as "retired". I just wanted to make sure that this doesn't mean the 2.0 is being discontinued (I see it's still in stock with both PJRC and Adafruit). Thanks!
  7. S

Switching USB modes within code? (Teensy 2.0)

I'm working on a mouse-emulating interface, and one of the features of the Teensy 2.0 that I've been loving is the "Keyboard + Mouse + Joystick" mode, since it doesn't require my users to install any drivers. However, I would also like to be able to reprogram certain settings on the board from a...
Back