Recent content by Synchrony

1. S

Teensy 3.2 died -- 4.0 and MIDI? -- Overnight delivery?

Yeah, checked that first. Fastest I can get it is Monday. And UPS hasn't been very reliable lately... Thanks for looking for me.
  2. S

Thanks, Paul. We'll give the 4.0 beta a try. If it doesn't do what we need it to do, we'll live with one harp. Cheers!
  3. S

I've been working hard on a project with my nephew. It's a MIDI instrument that you play with range sensors and and it lights up. We got one completed and it's production ready. We've been playing it for over a week getting ready for a big Christmas production at my church. Works great. My...
  4. S

Looking for simple MIDI CC code

I'll give this a try! The delays aren't necessary, just for effect. I'm not sure if I'll keep them. I'll double-check the parameter values. I thought the maximum 4095 had something to do with the LED driver board. Thanks!!
  5. S

Okay, I'm finally at the stage where I can try to get this working. I'm going to post my full code. The sensor to MIDI section and the lights are working perfectly. I *know* my code isn't elegant. I'm having difficulty making 'for' loops work right with this application, so it's a lot of...
  6. S

Oh! Dumb me. I initialized the function as a variable. It's compiling now. Thanks!!
  7. S

Question: I'm using the Adafruit library to drive lights with my MIDI code (it's working fine), so this line: void onControlChange(uint8_t channel, uint8_t control, uint8_t value) is giving me this error: I'm lost on that.
  8. S

BTW, I use Cantabile for routing controllers and VST plugins. It has a bit of a learning curve, but really powerful.
  9. S

Oh cool. Thanks, vjmuzik! I think I can make that second block of code work. Want the $5? ;)
  10. S

I don't need a second port because I'm running everything through a computer with MIDI routing software. I'm using in and out through one USB cable. I've got that stuff covered. I looked at the MIDI InputFunctionsBasics and MIDI InputRead examples. I'm sorry, I'm just so basic a coder. I need...
  11. S

Hi! Newbie coder, but pretty good with MIDI. I've written code that sends MIDI notes to my computer using sensors and it's working great. Now I need to do kind of the opposite and I'm at a loss. I need to send MIDI CC to a Tensy 3.2 to alter stuff in the code. Basically like this: 1. Send...
  12. S

Adding Adafruit LED Code to Teensy w/Controller

I'm going to give @Gibbedy's code a try when the hardware is ready (sometime tonight). In this code, a tubes should be blue when not activated and red when it is. Fingers crossed: // LED #include "Adafruit_TLC5947.h" #define NUM_TLC5974 1 #define data 4 #define clock 5 #define latch 6...
  13. S

This is how the driver is wired. Each 3-pin connector is an LED strip:
  14. S

Okay, we finally have the sensor harp very close to finished, but I can't get my head around the LED programming. The "harp" has 8 three-foot acrylic tubes on a frame positioned vertically. The tops of the tubes have the sensors that translate to a MIDI note when you put your hand over it. That...
  15. S

Audio to Light

Hmmm... this may be way over my head. It seems like I just need an analog audio input -- or microphone input -- to the RMS amplitude (?) and then convert that level to various light variables... but I'm not understanding the relationship between the audio adapter and the Teensy. The tutorial...
Back