Recent content by T-Prime

1. T

RetroPie Joystick

I have just replaced my thumbstick with: https://www.adafruit.com/products/2765 and https://www.adafruit.com/products/3246 (These were my first choice anyway, but were out of stock when I made the first order) I soldered the stick to the board and wired it to the teensy with the exact same...
  2. T

RetroPie Joystick

If I do have to remap the values, can't I just use 2 mappings to ensure my center stays at 0.
  3. T

RetroPie Joystick

I'll Try to get a decent picture this afternoon. Here are the resistance values X to GND Range: 1.94K-5.00K Center: 3.82K X to V+ Range: 2.57K-5.16K Center: 3.98K Y to GND Range: 2.48K-5.25K Center: 3.92K Y to V+ Range: 2.20K-5.18K Center: 3.97K
  4. T

RetroPie Joystick

Now that I'm applying what appears to be the correct input voltage I get results that are a bit nicer looking. The joystick now centers at a JSTest reading of 0 on both axes, however it does not reach the maximum values of +/- 32767. That makes sense, given that my voltage readings do not quite...
  5. T

RetroPie Joystick

Going to do a full test with this setup when I get home. I'm optimistic. I'll let you know how it goes.
  6. T

RetroPie Joystick

Wiring to the 3.3V terminal I get the following results: X Range: 0.66-2.71 Center: 1.65 Y Range: 0.54-2.46 Center: 1.56
  7. T

RetroPie Joystick

Using my 10K pot as a control I came up with the following results. I did not include the positive axes because they all registered 32767 in the range of 3 to 5 V. The Voltage values were taken at the farthest end of the device's physical movement. [/td] 10K Pot (-) 10K Pot (center) Joy...
  8. T

RetroPie Joystick

I have done so. With a USB gamepad I get readings that are centered at 0 and rang between positive and negative 32767 for both axes, which makes sense. I get the when I wire two pots to the analog input of the teensy, but with the thumbstick I get the following: X+ = 32767 Y+ = 32767 X- ~ -9363...
  9. T

RetroPie Joystick

Good Morning, I am using Teensy 3.2 to build a custom gamepad for RetroPie. I'm running into a problem where RetroPie is only detecting the analog input in one direction (Axis 0+ and Axis 1+). Pushing the joystick in the opposite direction gives an "Already Taken" message. This suggests to me...
Back