Recent content by tarnerich

1. T

adc->setConversionSpeed(ADC_VERY_LOW_SPEED, ADC_1) isn't working for me anymore

Thank you for that reference. Submitted with respect to the author of the ADC library, here is a working update of adc_pdb: /* Example for triggering the ADC with PDB * Valid for Teensy 3.0 and 3.1, not LC * * In Teensyduino version 1.41 and above there are new forms of the following...
  2. T

adc->setConversionSpeed(ADC_VERY_LOW_SPEED, ADC_1) isn't working for me anymore

The code lines in question can be found in the examples adc_adb and analogRead. Both of these lines fail for me under Arduino 1.8.5 and Teensyduino 1.41: adc_pdb:45: error: 'VERY_LOW_SPEED' was not declared in this scope adc->setConversionSpeed(VERY_LOW_SPEED, ADC_1); adc_pdb:45: error...
  3. T

Something is not working in my installation of the ADC library

Well, yes, and indeed I have already applied that exact change to my own code, which had been perfectly able to be compiled several dozens of times... that is, until I updated Teensyduino a few days ago. So this thread is not a request for help with just my project. The very much larger...
  4. T

ADC library contents This is what is in place here for ADC after installing Teensyduino 1.41:
  5. T

OS version Forgot to mention: Windows 7 64-bit on my PC.
  6. T

This issue was encountered in Teensyduino 1.41 in combination with Arduino 1.8.5, both freshly installed yesterday. The chip is a Teensy 3.5. The example code I'm trying to compile are the provided examples adc_pdb (which fails), and analogRead (which works). adc_pdb:45: error...
  7. T

I made a dumb mistake building a voltage divider board - will it hurt?

I made the same error when prototyping a project recently. It was my first use of reading analog voltages on a Teensy, and to top that off it was a direct connection to an unfamiliar device whose amplified output went up to 4.9V. There could have been a half hour or more at high levels before I...
  8. T

Teensy 3.5 forgets the time of day

Here's the source code, a modification of an Example: /* * TimeRTC.pde * example code illustrating Time library with Real Time Clock. * */ #include <TimeLib.h> void setup() { setTime(16,45,0,14,10,2017); Serial.begin(9600); while (!Serial); // Wait for Arduino Serial Monitor to...
  9. T

[Teensy 3.1] Pinout Diagram - with example code for sensors / devices

I was thinking of the lines going to pins 7 and 8 but not the other four. I like the whole idea you're working on, that presentation would have saved me some time already. Probably still will at some point in the future. ;-)
  10. T

[Teensy 3.1] Pinout Diagram - with example code for sensors / devices

I have an extremely basic question: Why do you mark the pins for Serial3 differently than for Serial1 or Serial2? Are the three UART modules not fully equivalent?
  11. T

FreqMeasure - Sampling time

There is something bigger to tackle first. The measurement function looks at the time it takes for one complete cycle which is 10 milliseconds for 100 Hz. It probably looks for edge transitions in the signal. If you do that measurement 30 times there's 300 msec at least. But then depending on...
  12. T

Oddities in Timing of SD Card writes

Now I'm getting somewhere Paul, thanks again for the suggestion to try a different card. It panned out really well and I think I found my solution. This chart was collected by running the same code on a SanDisk 8GB HC-I Class 4. Keep in mind tha in both charts I have an added delay of 10...
  13. T

Oddities in Timing of SD Card writes

Excellent idea I have only one micro card on hand at the moment, a 4GB Kingston Class 4 which I selected entirely by price some time ago. I'll get a Sandisk or a Lexar to try next. Would the the SD speed classes be relevant here... Class 2, 4, 6, 10, U1, U3, UHS-I, UHS-II? Each of my...
Back