Recent content by taskman

1. T

ClearPath - Teknic servos

Thank you :) No I used all the Teknic components. So their controller https://www.teknic.com/products/io-motion-controller/ I had to rewrite the whole controller code. At the moment I only needed Z so it wasn't too difficult. I think you can get a 30 day return if you use Clearcore to see if...
  2. T

Hi I decided to go to the full Teknic setup so that I have fewer variables to worry about. Controller, power supply and cables. It does mean the servo upgrade will have to cost a bit but I will figure out how to add it into the current pricing of the machines. I will see how I can use my 12V...
  3. T

Thank you for that. I will have a look at it this week.
  4. T

Sorry about that. I am looking at using this one https://github.com/Teknic-ClearPath/ClearPath-Arduino-Step-And-Direction/tree/master/Arduino%20Uno/ClearPathStepGen
  5. T

Hi I am looking at using the ClearPath - Teknic servos on a project. At the moment I use a Sangiuolo to run our steppers. I would like to use a Teensy to run the servos because of the higher CPU clock speed. I downloaded Teensyduino 1.41 and installed it in Arduino 1.8.5 I installed the...
  6. T

PCB design question

I started working on my PCB design and I am wondering if I am not doing something that is a bit crazy My container for the electronics will be a cylinder 3D printed with a hole on the one side that allows the user to see the display. Each PCB will be clipped into a larger bracket and the...
  7. T

Adafruit sharp module

I tried the Adafruit library again, but this time on an Arduino. It worked fine. I then tried it again on the Teensy 3 and the same sketch worked. I probably used the wrong pins on the Teensy or the rest of my weapon code messed up what the library was doing. I need to try and integrate it...
  8. T

Adafruit sharp module

I spent the last 2 days studying all the code I could find relating to this module and I learnt SPI This is the beginning. I can draw lines :) #include <SPI.h> const int slaveSelectPin = 10; void setup() { // set the slaveSelectPin as an output: pinMode (slaveSelectPin, OUTPUT); //...
  9. T

How do others develop without delay()

I never call delay() in my code and I was just wondering if what I do is normal or best practice even or if there is a better way of doing it Here is an example void Weapon::doFlashMuzzle(TeamEnum team) { if (shooting || busyFlashingMuzzleLight) { unsigned long currentMillis = millis()...
  10. T

Adafruit sharp module

Paul have you had time to look at this? I connected one this morning to my Teensy. First I had just pixels and now I have nothing showing up These are the pins I used and I tried different combinations on the screen 20 DISP_SS 13 DISP_SCK 11 DISP_MOSI I assumed since the previous LCD that I...
  11. T

Trying to use WT5001M02-28P

I did use it before, but I think my code is bad. Going to rewrite it. I have an idea of what I will do
  12. T

I wonder when Paul is going to release that awesome sound card of his *hint*hint* :)
  13. T

What I like about this sound card is that I can communicate using just 1 pin, but it seems I might need to use RX and TX because when I send commands they don't seem to always be executed. When I press my trigger I send a repeat command and after releasing the trigger I send a stop command...
  14. T

You seem to be right when it comes to the 5V. I was lucky I have a 4GB SD card that works with the module. I think it is a Sandisk. My circuit was down to about 3.7V and I had to put the volume very low to get sound out of the card. I am now at 4.9V and I can almost get full volume. I...
  15. T

IR Question not directly related to Teensy 3

I do have a low cost $100 meter so to really measure what is going on I need a high cost Fluke or something like that My oscilloscope should give me an idea of the voltage at least, but not the amps? I am starting to think to go on with the rest of the project so that I at least have something...
Back