Recent content by tochinet

1. T

[posted] LED matrix control with Teensy 4.0

Hi Armin, very nice. Can you tell me if you did a special power supply for the LEDs ? I read somewhere that USB was _not_ the way to power them, nor via the teensy. What's your experience ?
  2. T

Anti-Spam efforts, May 2018

Now got a spam as private message, sent by Rubinpeash (with .ru URL). Is this a new way of spamming, or already common practice ?
  3. T

Arduino code example for ENC28J60 Ethernet upload to Thingspeak

Apparently, here as on other forums, this won't attract masses... Apologies to paul for hijacking his forum, since JeeNode and ENC28J60 is not directly Teensy related. Still there is _very little_ on the subject to be found on Internet, and most is outdated, so this page gets high on Google's...
  4. T

Thanks a lot. A though nut to crack at first sight : it looks more as a server (with strings for a OK header and a html page) than as a client. Did you program thingspeak to connect to your JeeNode ? OTOH, the "PUT" at the end looks opposite. If this sketch allows to have both a server and a...
  5. T

@JBeale, the comment from vfotop1 is correct : your example does NOT use ethercard/ENC28J60 but ethernet.h and the "server" and "client" objects that are in the standard Ethernet library, only compatible with wiznet chips. Can you post the code you talk about (used with a JeeNode) ? I have...
  6. T

Teensy 3.0 ADC details

Hi Dave, did you experiment with the stability of the internal reference with the temperature and the power supply ?
  7. T

Replace MCU MK20DX128 with analogue ?!?

If you want a teensy like (form factor) with an MSP430 chip supported by Energia (an Arduino/Teensyduino-like IDE), look at the second generation panstamps (not available yet). Note these are equipped with an RF interface, not sure it fits your needs. There are no such things as "analogue" MCUs...
  8. T

teensy 3 external power

I have a similar problem : the teensy3 is connected (Serial1, reset, Vcc) to a panstamp (3V3 as well, so no 5V level issue here). But if I connect the USB on the Teensy, the two 3V3 regulators will be in parallel. To avoid that, I could/should ? cut the connection between the two pads. But then...
  9. T

PS2 keyboard library and web page for Teensy3

Maybe this isn't the right place to post the question ?
  10. T

PS2 keyboard library and web page for Teensy3

I read that teensy3 is supported since 2.4 version of the library. But on the webpage, it says the PS2 requires 5V, so I assume that its outputs will also be 5V ? Is it OK to just put some protection resistor between the minidin socket and the teensy3 ? BTW, the simpletest.pde example was not...
  11. T

Teensy 3.0 ADC details

yes and yes. And 1.2 is normally more stable than 3.3, but it may have a static offset (die tolerance). Probably more important than all this is the quality and length of your wires. And the way you connect the grounds and signals. Use the analog ground on Teensy3. There are already caps on...
  12. T

Teensy 3.0 ADC details

Maybe my comment is misplaced, but what is the exact requirement that makes you think you need 16-bit accuracy and 2000 samples/sec for your project ? The internal reference can be user-trimmed around 0.3% maximum deviation, and it's probably going to be as good as what you can do using an...
  13. T

Adding Midi to a 32 note Pedalboard via Teensy?

Hi Tom, Regarding 2. Can you check that you don't have the grey wires connect to the red (or blue) wire when depressed and the blue (or red) when idle ? that's the common way to have velocity : you can count the time between the loss of contact with one and the contact with theh other ;-)...
  14. T

Question on teensy analog inputs

You're right. I also want to use the Teensy for its 12 analog inputs. I first considered using a 4067 (16-input analog multiplexer) and maybe it would work for you (4digital out, and you can connect 16 pots to one analog in). In my case, I dropped the idea because I wanted lots of precision and...
  15. T

Step past Arduino enviroment?

Hi all, best wishes, Just FMI, why do you want to "wean out of the Arduino environment" ? (Plenty of possible/very good reasons, but each time I tried I came back ;-)
Back