Recent content by tveenker

1. T

return value of usb_serial_write()

Ah of course. Didn't think of that. Thanks. I do think the info on https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/usb_serial.html should be updated to reflect the actual situation.
  2. T

return value of usb_serial_write()

Hi all, With arduino-1.6.3 and Teensyduino 124 the return value of calls usb_serial_write() is -1 on error and 0 on success. This matches what it says here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/usb_serial.html Now I've upgraded to arduino-1.8.4 and Teensyduino 139. I saw my Teensy code behave badly...
  3. T

can't auto upload after changing product name

That makes perfect sense! Never thought about that. I'd like my clients to be able to update the device I sold them, without requiring them to open the box to press the program button. Would it therefore be possible to have a custom version of the upload tool that teensy developers can adapt...
  4. T

Is millis() affected by long ISRs (Interrupts) on Teensy?

As a related question. I wanted to temporarily disable the timer interrupt. So I added the following to IntervalTimer.h: void disableIrq() { #if defined(KINETISK) if (PIT_enabled) NVIC_DISABLE_IRQ(IRQ_PIT_CH); #elif defined(KINETISL) if (PIT_enabled)...
  5. T

can't auto upload after changing product name

Hi all, Short question. Is it expected behavior for a Teensy 3.1 that auto reboot no longer works after having changed the manufacturer and product names? teensy_post_compile/teensy_reboot tell me to press the program button. I'm using Linux. As suggested on the forum I simply included a file...
  6. T

ADC setAveraging(8) and setAveraging(16) have opposite effect

I used the one included in the teensyduino package. I have now downloaded the ADC lib from github and indeed the issue is fixed. Thanks.
  7. T

ADC setAveraging(8) and setAveraging(16) have opposite effect

@pedvide I think in ADC_Module::setAveraging() the setBit/clearBit calls are reversed for the 8 and 16 samples cases. The comments are correct. I noticed this when I saw with setAveraging(16) I get a higher sampling rate than with setAveraging(8). Can you have a look please? Thanks. Theo
  8. T

USB speed selection

Yes the extender reports as a four port hub (although it has only one output). I'll see if I can blacklist the uhci_hcd driver. I don't mind tweaking my own system if it improves IO performance. But I'd rather not force my clients to do this. Well, maybe I should first check a few other...
  9. T

USB speed selection

Plugging the Teensy to a USB-3 port the system still recognizes it as a full speed device, but it is then using xhci_hcd and it gives me the desired short round trip latency. Apparently when the system decides to use echi_hcd communication is slow(er), when echi_hcd or xhci_hdc are used things...
  10. T

USB speed selection

About cables. I tried a bunch of cables, short, long, quality, crap. The results are consistent. When going via the extender I get high speed, without it I get full speed. Hmm.
  11. T

USB speed selection

Interesting, didn't know that. What an odd way of differentiating between full/high speed mode. I'm not using it in host mode. I just tried a Teensy 3.0 alone on a breadboard. Same thing, full speed, not high speed. My device has an external power option, but using that also doesn't make a...
  12. T

USB speed selection

Hi, I'm creating a Teensy 3.1 based device for scientific usage. For synchronizing clocks I'm doing a round trip from PC to Teensy and back to PC again and then process the results. I'm working under Linux (Mint 13, kernel 3.2.0-23). The odd thing is that the round trip takes more time when...
  13. T

Teensy Audio Library, suggestion for AudioInputAnalog

Hi all, I'm playing around with the audio library (great stuff Paul). I'd like to suggest some minor changes to the AudioInputAnalog class. With my hardware setup (Teensy 3.1, AREF at 2.5V, ADC input voltage 0..2.5V, DAC output voltage 0..3.3V) I needed the AudioInputAnalog class to use the...
  14. T

Teensy 3.1 symbol & footprint for gEDA gschem and pcb

Hi all, I've created a Teensy 3.1 symbol to be used with the gschem schematics editor and a corresponding footprint to be used with the pcb tool. See attachment. See http://www.geda-project.org/ for info on gschem and pcb. Theo
Back