Recent content by tyzjames

1. T

Does the Teensy 4,.1 support multiple USB devices on the host connector by use of a hub?

Yes, I have had no issues connecting multiple USB devices using USB hubs, but only if the hub only has USB ports. If it has other features like HDMI or SD card reader then I can't get it to work.
  2. T

USB Host Library MIDI hanging

Yes, I managed to fix this. The issue is that the code is getting stuck in the while loop in the write_packed function. Here is my fix: I added a condition so the code can exit the loop Then I determined that the issue was due to the SysEx messages being sent too quickly in the...
  3. T

Just did more tests and unfortunately, the above solution does not work when sending SysEx messages from the USBHost. The case where tx2 >= tx_max && tx1 >= tx_max is not handled in the function above, which leads to an infinite loop. Hopefully someone has an idea on how to resolvec this.
  4. T

After further troubleshooting, I have narrowed it down to this code being stuck in a loop in this function in midi.cpp, where tx2 == tx_max == 16, and hence it was not matching any of the conditions. void MIDIDeviceBase::write_packed(uint32_t data) { if (!txpipe) return; uint32_t tx_max...
  5. T

I'm testing a basic code sending MIDI via usbHost on a Teensy 4.1 (lets call this the controller). // Simple test of USB Host // // This example is in the public domain #include "USBHost_t36.h" USBHost myusb; USBHub hub1(myusb); USBHub hub2(myusb); USBHub hub3(myusb); KeyboardController...
  6. T

RIP Teensy 3.2

Supply seems to be coming for the MK20DX. This week I had > 3000 chips on order backlog suddenly getting fulfilled. But I guess the 3.2 will still remain discontinued?
  7. T

Cant catch a break using SD card / teensy 4.0

I don't think you can use any SPI pins for this, unless you know what to edit in the library. The pins are all hardcoded for the IMXRT1062 chip in the SDFat library. If you use the recommended pins (34,35,36,37,38,39) for the SD card for Teensy 4.0, it should work ok.
  8. T

The very last Teensy 3.5 and Teensy 3.6 are available today, limit 2 per person.

Glad to know that the bootloaders will still be available. There seems to be a batch of MK20DX arriving in September and more coming in January and we're looking forward to receiving them. Separately, can we be optimistic about looking forward to faster teensies (T5?) being designed by next year?
  9. T

The very last Teensy 3.5 and Teensy 3.6 are available today, limit 2 per person.

Will you still make the 3.x boot loader chip available (in larger quantity orders) if we're still able to get our hands on the kinetis chips?
  10. T

All my eggs in one basket

I was interested in stocking the extended temp range version but did some googling first to see if it works, and came across this post: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/69357-Teensy-4-x-with-Industrial-Temp-iMXRT1062 Just FYI for anyone planning to use it. Most of our products are based on the...
  11. T

Updates on future supply of Teensy 3.2/3.5/3.6 and/or alternatives?

I just got an update from Element14 that my outstanding orders for about 5k MK20DX chips (since April 2021) is scheduled to arrive July this year. It has been delayed multiple times before though, not getting my hopes up for this one.
  12. T

Updates on future supply of Teensy 3.2/3.5/3.6 and/or alternatives?

Just want to +1 my interest on an update for this topic as well. We've finally ran out of MK20DX chips and are hopeful for good news coming from NXP this year. Switching chips for existing designs is not an option so we can only hope for the best + churn out new products using different...
  13. T

Bootloader Chip For Teensy 4.0

I've had thousands of boards assembled from the factory on HASL lead free finish PCBs using the QFN bootloader chips without any issues. For the problematic boards (~0.5-1%), the issue is usually the soldering of the LQFP MK20DX chip where some pins are not properly soldered to the pads. But...
  14. T

NXP chip supply - any news?

Looks like we can't depend on the Kinetis chips to come back in stock in time - going to have to make some tough decisions to switch to a different chip as the T32 chips make up a large proportion of what we use now. Thanks for the valuable insights!
  15. T

NXP chip supply - any news?

That helps, thanks!!
Back