Recent content by vmstanford

1. V

Teensy 3.6 & 3.5 - IntervalTimer sketch crashes after thousands of activations

luni, Thank you very much for your thoughtful help, code, and suggestions. I now have a program that is working flawlessly, and you definitely helped get it working. Lots of food for thought in the discussion. Best Regards, vms
  2. V

First, thank you for you kind assistance. The Teensy community is impressively helpful and vital. It is a treat to find a community like this. So thanks again. As to the asynchronous I/O if fine the following in the Arduino release notes: Release Notes ARDUINO 1.0 - 2011.11.30 [core /...
  3. V

Additional follow-up: Just ran on Big Mac for over an hour with 1. Delay loop based on Serial.availableForWrite was less than delay(5), and 2. MICRO_SECONDS_PER_SAMP = 1 Running without crashes. Still wonder about why I can't run this with delay(1) in the serial wait loop. That could be a...
  4. V

First, thanks all for looking at this. Some key points: 1. millis() won't work since I want to run at 100kHz. MICRO_SECONDS_PER_SAMP = 1000 was just to get it to run at all. I want to #define MICRO_SECONDS_PER_SAMP = 10. This fails. I got this down to #define MICRO_SECONDS_PER_SAMP = 250...
  5. V

Thanks defragster! lengthening the delay in the Loop from 1 to 25 or 50 solves the crash problem at a 1kHz IntervalTimer frequency. while(Serial.availableForWrite()) { delay(1); } I have run the IntervalTimer ISR for millions of cycles without the crash anymore. Looks like the pile up is...
  6. V

Using IntervalTimer to try and read ADC and write DAC on a regular interval (1kHz in this test). Step 1 is to simply gather time tags in an array. micros() failed earlier and I read where micros() in an interrupt service routine does not work because it sets off its own interrupts. But the...
Back