Recent content by w9ran

1. W

Teensy 3.2 fails to start up (hardware)

And I can close this issue, it's not hardware after all. It's been well over a year, and I'd forgotten that I'd enabled serial debugging, and it was waiting for the serial console to become available. After connecting to a PC and opening the serial monitor, the Teensy sprang to life. Sorry...
  2. W

I can now add that there's no activity at the crystal. Bob
  3. W

I build several models of the "Teensy SDR" using the Teensy 3.2 and audio board. All work except one which has an odd problem. The last time I tried it about a month ago it did not come up - this one uses a 1.8" LCD display and the backlight was lit but there was no display or response to any...
  4. W

Hardware connections to headphone jack

I have a question about using external devices connected to the 3.5mm headphone jack that I haven't found answered elsewhere. Initially I used a powered speaker (which has it's own battery) plugged into the headphone jack. Worked just fine. Since I want to have speaker audio in my project...
  5. W

Graphic EQ parameters

I'm experimenting with the graphic equalizer built-into the SGTL5000 to improve the intelligibility of voice sounds by emphasizing the mid-range and attenuating the extreme high and low frequencies. It works, but I have a question about the range of the parameters that are used to configure...
  6. W

Using the SGTL5000 Audio Processor

Now that I have Rich Heslip's excellent "Teensy SDR" working well, I'm ready to try enhancing it using the built-in Audio Processor. My goal in using the Audio Processor is to expand or compress the audio signal from the mic to maintain a constant level, and by means of the graphic equalizer...
  7. W

Hang up - USB Serial monitor

Thanks Paul, and just to close this out that's exactly what was going on. I'd added my debugging printf statements to some existing code that included while (!Serial). The "!" threw me for a bit but I understand now. Bob
  8. W

Thanks. It's just simple printfs such as: Serial.printf("*f%d\n",(bands[band].freq)) ; But I've confirmed that as long as they are present, the code will hang unless the Serial Monitor is present (USB). Knowing this I'll do things differently next time. Bob
  9. W

My Teensy SDR project works well, as long as I've got it connected to the PC via USB, but hangs up when I try running it without the USB connected. I've determined that this is because I've included a bunch of serial print statements to aid in debugging, and the code will hand up if the serial...
  10. W

Controlling USB devices with Teensy

Thanks all. Just to close the loop, I've got it working just fine at 57,600 with a straight 3-wire connection, thanks to Teensy 3.2's 5 volt tolerant inputs. Since the Nano has resistors between the RX/TX pins and the USB IC, the Teensy is able to override the static levels with no problem. Bob
  11. W

Question about string formatting and printing from a structure

Actually the second doesn't work but this does: Serial.printf("*f%d\n",(bands[band].freq)); Thanks again, Bob
  12. W

Thanks! I will now go back and see what I was missing, knowing that it can be done. The assistance from this Forum is hard to beat! Bob
  13. W

The Teensy SDR uses the following line of code to send frequency data to the Si5351 clock generator library: si5351.set_freq(((unsigned long)bands[band].freq + IF_FREQ) * MASTER_CLK_MULT, SI5351_PLL_FIXED, SI5351_CLK0); I want to append two characters to the front of the value of "freq" and...
  14. W

Thanks. One more question - and this may be obvious and I just haven't found where it is explained - but is the USB serial port the same as Serial1, or is it separate? The little card that came with the Teensy 3.2 shows RX1 on D0 and TX1 on D1, but is data sent via these pins the same as...
  15. W

I'd thought about that too, and I do have the sketch so I can make changes to the Nano code as needed. It would require making hardware connections and thus not quite as easy as just plugging in a cable, but it may be the way to go. My app uses a lot of I/O pins on the Teensy but at least...
Back