Recent content by wagne704

1. W

Problem with FastLED and 16 way parallel output

Please see the above code, NUM_STRIPS is changed from 8 to 16 and Port D is changed to Port DC.
  2. W

It's literally just the FastLED parallel output demo #include<FastLED.h> #define NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP 10 // Note: this can be 12 if you're using a teensy 3 and don't mind soldering the pads on the back #define NUM_STRIPS 8 CRGB leds[NUM_STRIPS * NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP]; // Pin layouts on the...
  3. W

Issue 1) Even connecting only 8 strands but running in 16 way output does not work, but 8 strands with 8 way output does work. Same 8 strands both times. Port D for 8 way, or the first 8 of Port DC for 16 way. Issue 2) Sorry I should have clarified: only when running a sketch in parallel...
  4. W

I'm having a problem(s) that I'm not sure is software or hardware. I'm trying to use a Teensy 3.1 with FastLED 16 way parallel output. Issue 1) 8 way parallel output works fine, but running 16 does nothing (although the onboard LED does come on). There are 14 strands of 10 LEDs each...
  5. W

Teensy 3.1 dead?

Hi Constantin Forgive my ignorance by I don't have a lot of experience working with electronics. Are you saying use two different voltage regulators, one for the LEDs and another for the Teensy? Right now I'm using a 5V 6A regulator for both. Is there any advantage to running the Teensy at...
  6. W

Teensy 3.1 dead?

Thanks for the fast response Paul. I got a voltmeter and checked the Teensy and got nothing out of the pins. I then checked the voltage regulator. The regulator must be defective because it's putting out the input current (7.4 V). It seems I inadvertently destroyed my Teensy. Looks like I'm...
  7. W

Teensy 3.1 dead?

My Teensy 3.1 board does not seem to be working, is there a way I can check if the board died? Issue I was trying (and successfully had in the past) to light a 10 LED strip of WS2812B with a battery power source. Two 3.7V LiPo's in series connected to a 5V step down regulator...
Back