Recent content by Waterme11on

1. W

Need Help, Teensy 3.2 Snooze library. Can't wake from sleep with pushbutton.

I managed to get the second code I posted to work, by resetting pushCounter to 0 before returning true in the buttonPress boolean. this wakes the teensy and resets to mode 1. However the code is still weirdly formatted and I don't understand why it wakes whilst my first example doesn't. I'm...
  2. W

Need Help, Teensy 3.2 Snooze library. Can't wake from sleep with pushbutton.

Hey there! So i'm trying to wrestle the functionality I want out of the snooze library, but I can't for the life of me figure out how it works. I've replaced the bounce1 library & code with the bounce2 library equivalent, and that seems to work in the examples. I have a pushbutton connected to...
  3. W

NXP Gyroscope no Longer in production, what does this mean for the Prop Shield?

As the title says, the gyroscope used on the prop shield is going out of production. https://www.nxp.com/products/no-longer-manufactured/3-axis-digital-gyroscope:FXAS21002C Does this mean the prop shield will eventually be phased out? or will there be a new version/upgrade?
  4. W

Diy Prop shield - LM48310 Amplifier Shorting at higher volumes

That was it! It works now! I desoldered the capacitor off an old prop shield i had and put it on my board and it worked! All the way to max volume! So happy right now haha :) This is the capacitor I was using. It's a Y5V type and is rated for 10V So I guess it couldn't handle the load. Time...
  5. W

Tried that, and it works without issue
  6. W

So i got my new board revision, make a test circuit on it consisting of only the Audio amplifier, input caps, and the resistors that connect to AGND, DAC, and Pin 5, to which i then connected a Teensy 3.2. Both my pcb and the Teensy 3.2 were powered by a Sparkfun 5v/1A board connected to a 3.7v...
  7. W

That is a massive help! Everything looks good, i've managed to replicate the placement pretty well it seems. The only thing i don't understand is why you have vias on both sides of the 4.7uF cap?
  8. W

Okay so I've tried to make it look more like the layout on the prop shield, Is there anything I could improve upon here? Oh and I was wondering, does the proximity of the 3.3nF capacitors to the 1.0uF input capacitors have to be a consideration?
  9. W

Thank you for the advice Paul! I'm sketching up another revision now, i'll post it here before I go ahead and order more boards. Is it possible that i could get a gerber view of the prop shield layout so i can replicate it on my board? So far i've been going off visual inspection, but I'm not...
  10. W

Hey guys, I've been developing my own pcb that is a circuit comprising of the Teensy 3.2, Pjrc Prop shield, and Sparkfun 5v/1A boost converter (to power the Audio amplifier - LM48310). I'm using the Teensy audio library to send audio to a single 4 Ohm speaker. The problem I'm having is with...
  11. W

Why does the prop shield have two components for Accelerometer and Gyroscope?

Ah i see, Looking at NXP's product range it seems they don't have a combined sensor, so it makes sense if Pjrc wanted to keep all the parts Nxp. Thank you!
  12. W

Why does the prop shield have two components for Accelerometer and Gyroscope?

Hey all, I'm building a Diy teensy with all the sensors from the prop shield integrated. I was wondering why the prop shield uses two separate components for the accelerometer/magnetometer and the gyroscope? Is there a reason not to use a combined package? It seems doing so would make more...
  13. W

Using Prop shield flash memory to store Wavetable Data

Hey there, I was wondering if it's possible to use the 8mbyte flash on the prop shield as a way to store larger instruments for the wavetable synth. Currently with the teensy 3.2 I run out of space quite fast and i'm limited to using small/low quality wavetables. I know how to use teensy...
  14. W

Prop Shield Accelerometer Sensitivity

OKAY I think I finally got it after searching through the nxp community forum. Changes made to get it to work properly at 8g: in NXPMotionSense.cpp: if (!write_reg(i2c_addr, FXOS8700_XYZ_DATA_CFG, 0x02)) return false; // 8g range if (!write_reg(i2c_addr, FXOS8700_CTRL_REG2, 0x02)) return...
  15. W

Prop Shield Accelerometer Sensitivity

Okay so that worked as you expected, measuring ax it sits around 1 when held upright and maxes out at 5.02. However I don't think the sensitivity is actually increased to 8g. The axis will still max out with the same amount of force applied. it seems only the numbers have been changed.
Back