Recent content by willie.from.texas

1. W

uNav INS

I'm about 30 miles south of Dallas, in a little town called Midlothian.
  2. W

uNav INS

UNav INS on the Teensy 4.1 In the ‘for what it’s worth’ department, I was able to get this code to work on the Teensy 4.1. I was primarily concerned with being able to save and retrieve the calibration data from the EEPROM. It works like a champ! The loop rate is averaging around 6.3 msec, so...
  3. W

Please recommend soldering iron / equipment

All these comments are good, but there is one more thing you need. Get yourself a rosin flux pen. The one I use is made by MG Chemicals, Part #835P. You don't want to use very much but it sure helps the solder flow, and makes precision work much easier because you can apply it precisely where...
  4. W

Teensyduino 1.51 errors on compile, 1.48 does not; ADC class implicated

Thanks for this thread. I'm at the house looking for things to due during the pandemic, so I thought I'd resurrect some code I wrote a couple of years ago and try porting from the teensy 3.6 to the teensy 4. Tried compiling some ADC code and it failed. The ADC library also kacked on the...
  5. W

uNav INS

I tried but was never able to get the uNav-INS to work, even when injecting static GPS values into the filter. Have you tried the uNav Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS)? That uses the MPU9250 but not the GPS. I was able to get that to work, and was relatively stable as long as I...
  6. W

ILI9488_t3 - Support for the ILI9488 on T3.x and beyond...

I've played around with a couple of ILI9488 displays with the parallel interface and the UTFT display library. I bought an SPI display but have been traveling for most of the last month and have only had time to unpack it from the box. I'm just now getting ready to try it out with your...
  7. W

Teensy 4.0 First Beta Test

You're right. DC is data/command selection. When I quickly read through it I saw 'command selection' and read CS.
  8. W

I just ordered four of them for $3.77 each on Amazon ( see https://www.amazon.com/Semoic-Communication-Voltage-Interface-Display/dp/B07RQWP77N/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A3CCKTY8GGG4ER5HV3T6). I think it does have CS but it is labeled, 'DC'. See the product description at...
  9. W

What's Going on with sumotoy and his Libraries? Saw this note in one of sumotoy's github repositories: I'm not disappeared... Last year, around August I got disease, in the same year, around november a loved member of my family was in Hospital and in less than a month left us, this caused a...
  10. W

In case anyone is interested in an update, I've been working on interfacing with the capacitive touch screen for the Buy Display TFT LCD. I modified the example sketch that is posted on their website...
  11. W

The 16-bit ILI9488 LCD TFT I purchased from Buy Display came with a demo software based on the UTFT library. Using that library, here is how I defined the T3.6 16-bit interface: * Data bits were mapped as follows: * Bit: bit15 bit14 bit13 bit12 bit11 bit10 bit9 bit8 bit7 bit6 bit5...
  12. W

Hi Joel, My display is configured for 16-bits. I hooked it up to the Arduino DUE and the display looks great. Instead of trying to modifying the display I ordered a second one configured for the serial interface. I thought that, since I had it, I'd try driving it with a T36 using the 16-bit...
  13. W

Kurt, My card came in yesterday. Unfortunately the LCD card has soldered jumpers that configure it to the shield that came with it. I had an old DUE that I was to use with it so I know it works. I could probably retrofit it but decided instead to order another card. There may be a way that I can...
  14. W

Hi All, I've been watching your posts over the past several weeks and decided to order this display a couple of weeks ago. According to the tracking info, it just arrived in Chicago so it should be here in the next couple of days. According to page 13 of the spec sheet...
  15. W

PID sample rate

PID Algorithm Available in the CMSIS Library Try using the PID controller that is available in the CMSIS Software Library. There are floating point and fixed point versions available. The fixed point versions that are available support 16-bit and 32-bit calculations. See...
Back