Recent content by wolfv

1. W

error sending reboot command to /dev/hidraw4

Does the following quote from https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoLeonardoMicro apply to Teensy LC?:
  2. W

Horizontal scroll with Arduino Mouse library, Teensy LC, and Linux?

That's too easy;) Works great. Thank you! Where is the Mouse.scroll() function documented? It's not listed in https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/language/functions/usb/mouse/ This works: //for this to scroll, mouse pointer must be positioned on application with a scroll bar #include...
  3. W

Horizontal scroll with Arduino Mouse library, Teensy LC, and Linux?

I built a keyboard with Teensy LC as the controller. The firmware is written with the Arduino 1.8.5 library and Teensyduino 1.42. I would like to issue horizontal scroll commands from the keyboard I use horizontal scroll on LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet on Linux. What do I need to do, to add...
  4. W

UPDATE: I plugged in the "bad" Teensy and tried the Teensy button again, and this time it worked. Blink loaded and the LED blinked. I edit the Blink sketch to blink faster and reloaded, it loaded without an error message, and Blink blinked faster. I don't know what changed. I didn't reboot or...
  5. W

UPDATE: I plugged in a different Teensy LC and the Blink program loaded & ran nice. Then I plug in the bad Teenly LC again and get the same "error sending reboot command to /dev/hidraw4".
  6. W

I will try to answer the best I can. Not sure what "work to complete reprogramming" means. The Teensy did not get reprogrammed. The old program still runs on Teensy. It did not get overwritten with the new Blink program. From Arduino IDE: Tools > USB Type: "Serial" No blink. Yes, Fedora 28...
  7. W

My Teensy LC and loader were working yesterday, now it gets an error sending reboot command to /dev/hidraw4. From Arduino IDE, File > Examples > 01.Basics > Blink Then click Upload. The resulting error message is: Arduino: 1.8.5 (Linux), TD: 1.42, Board: "Teensy LC, Serial, 48 MHz, Smallest...
  8. W

Best way to mount Teensy LC to plywood?

Thanks for all the solutions! Thanks for all your solutions! Here are two more solutions: - circuit board edge mount kit: - mini breadboard with mount holes: I am going with tonton81's solution for its low profile: Solder two header socket with right angle pins to Teensy, then hot glue...
  9. W

I am having a hard time picturing that. Do you mean a socket header like this?: How do you glue the wired header to the plywood? Gluing the headers vertically would put the wires through the plywood. Gluing the headers on its side would only secure one edge of Teensy, with the other edge...
  10. W

I want to mount a Teensy LC onto 1/8 inch thick plywood. It should be sturdy enough for plugging and unplugging the USB. Teensy LC does not have standoff holes. Two options are described below. 1) Standoffs in pinholes: Standoffs that can be soldered into unused pin holes like a header pin...
  11. W

How to get 173 mA from USB or Teensy LC?

Thanks Michael, that clears it up.
  12. W

How to get 173 mA from USB or Teensy LC?

I wanted to power a row of 26 LEDs with Teensy LC Vin. The 26 LEDs need 173 mA at 3.6 to 5.5 volts. USB 2.0 can handle 500mA. But the Teensy LC pin out says Vin is 8mA. Is there some way to get another 173 mA from USB? Thank you.
  13. W

set -D compiler option in Arduino IDE?

Never mind. Please ignore this post. It's simpler to edit a config file in the custom library than use the -D compiler option. The gcc -D option flag defines a macro to be used by the preprocessor. Is there a way to set the -D compiler option in Arduino IDE? What I want to do is add...
  14. W

keyboard SHIFT_MASK question

On keyboards, characters like ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & ( ) _ { } < > are activated with MODIFIERKEY_LEFT_SHIFT. I am designing a compact keybaord and am looking for ways to print these characters without having to manually press the shift key. Is SHIFT_MASK useful for printing such characters with a...
  15. W

PROGMEM on a transform array?

Thank you Paul. That works! :)
Back