Recent content by zapta

1. Z

How to move the Teensy programmer window?

Thanks everybody for the answers. I have version 1.52 and dragging the center of the window does move it. I also found that dragging the windows title (Which is truncated to T... for some reason) also moves the windows. Thanks.
  2. Z

How to move the Teensy programmer window?

I am using the teensy programmer app on Windows 10 (with platformio). Windows windows can typically repositioned on the screen by grabbing their upper part but I couldn't figure out how to do that with the teensy programmer and the only thing that works is opening the windows menu and select the...
  3. Z

How to make printf() to work?

Thanks @luni, this is what I was looking for.
  4. Z

How to make printf() to work?

I am using Teensy 4.1 with platformio and the configuration below. platform = teensy board = teensy41 framework = arduino Serial.printf() does work and prints to the serial-over-USB but printf() does not and hangs the program. Is there a way to have printf working in the same way that...
  5. Z

How to connect a 5V I2C device to T4.1?

Yes, it does, I am using the Garmin Lidar Lite arduino library, direct connection to the T4.2, with an additional I2C device onboard (MPU6050) and it all seems to work. Obviously the Garmin library is hard coded to use the default I2C bus. Seems to be a pattern.
  6. Z

Thanks Michael. I will take a look and try to learn, never used bidirectional level shifter. As for my immediate application, just found out that the Garmin Lidar already has level shifters that allows it to interface with either 5V or 3.3V I2C, so should work directly with T4...
  7. Z

Hi everybody, I need to connect Garmin Lidar to a Teensy 4.1 via I2C. The lidar specification says it operates on 5V so I presume this are also its I2C levels. Any suggestion on how to connect it to a Teensy 4.1 which operates on 3.3V ? Do I need some level converters or a naive connection...
  8. Z

Are SCL2/SDA2 functions of the T4.1 usable?

Paul, the association between the 'Wire' variable and the hardware is done in the teensy I2C driver implementation, right? If so, what prevents you from allowing users to control that association? E.g using a runtime method Wire.SetHardware(...), or a build time flags such as -D...
  9. Z

Thanks Mark, this is very useful. It that thread they initialized the display library to use the bus of choice but the MPU6050 library I am using seems to be hard coded to use Wire. Adafruit_SSD1306 display(SCREEN_WIDTH, SCREEN_HEIGHT, &Wire2, OLED_RESET); Any idea how to divert Wire to use...
  10. Z

Hi all, I am trying to talk I2C via SCL2/SDA2 of the T4.1 but not success. The SCL2 pin is constantly low with no transitions due to I2C writes. The setup is as follows Wire.setSCL(24); Wire.setSDA(25); Wire.begin(); The documentation at https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Wire.html says...
  11. Z

How to add a teensy 4.1 reset button?

Unless if your circuit is like mine and a battery kicks in when the USB power is lost. ;-) I used a diode OR between the VUSB and the regulated 5V from the battery.
  12. Z

That's a good idea. I presume that would be a P-CHAN with a pull down resistor and a switch from gate to +Vin. It seems that a dedicated IC such as this one can also do the job. In my case a pair of those can also replace the two diodes oring between VUSB and external 5V...
  13. Z

Can you explain with more details how to do that? My understanding is that when in reflashing mode (that is, after pressing the T4.1 onboard button), none of my code is actually active.
  14. Z

Thanks manicksan. Looking at Digikey for NC tactile switches, they are limited to 100ma. Do you know of a small one that can be mounted on a PCB and carry the full current? (I also use the 3.3V output to power stuff on the main board).
  15. Z

Thanks @tonton81. Can I use the watchdog timer and an external reset button to reset the T4.1 when in Program mode?
Back