Search results

1. S

stick on circuit breaker meter

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/a-tiny-electric-meter-you-can-tape-on-your-circuit-breaker This is the thing I want, but their website is down (out of business?) and I cannot find a place to buy one. Any idea how to make one with a Teensy? Hall effect sensor? Algorithm? My use...
  2. S

Paul request; Separate Vin/VUSB Teensy 3.2

Thank you! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I bricked 4 teensy 3.2 this way and only 1 of them came back when I bridged the cut with solder. On that one, the solder must have wicked down to layer 3. Time to revive a long abandoned project with a bit of green wire.
  3. S

Mouse Multiplexing

TL DR summary begins: Use (X axis, Y axis, mouse wheel) of one pointing device to control (horizontal scroll, vertical scroll, zoom), while other connected pointing devices function as normal, except their scroll wheel functions are perhaps remapped to something else like volume control. I...
  4. S

Chromebook Linux Beta Teensy Upload

Its wayland. user@penguin:~$ ls -la /dev/tty* crw-rw-rw- 1 nobody nogroup 5, 0 Dec 31 1969 /dev/tty user@penguin:~$ ls -la /dev/ total 12 drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 620 Oct 5 18:05 . drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 122 Jun 17 00:28 .. drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60 Oct 5...
  5. S

Minor correction to launching with sudo. The one I showed has an invalid path to the sketch. Here is one with valid path. Launching as regular user, no problem. Sudo, fails to launch. user@penguin:~/arduino/arduino-1.8.13$ ./arduino ~/Arduino/Blink/Blink.ino Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: Set...
  6. S

The difference in lsusb seems to be that Teensy invokes the chrome usbhid driver but Uno invokes the chrome cdc-acm driver. I have not switched to Beta channel. Its my kid's chromebook he uses for homework. I'd like to keep it stable. But if there is a reason beyond a shot in the dark, I'll...
  7. S

ChromeOS running on some Chromebooks now have the option to install Linux Beta, a containerized Debian. Recently, Linux Beta was given the ability to support some additional USB devices including Arduino. Previously only Android devices were supported. Arduino IDE and Teensyduino install fine...
  8. S

teensyduino linux installer issue

Is it possible to grab the Arduino IDE with Teensyduino already mixed in from https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Arduino-1.8.13-Teensyduino for Linux command line only? Unable to run X server, so no GUI installer possible. Would appreciate copy/paste commands to get it up and running. That...
  9. S

COVID-19: A thread to share some thoughts and events

"using a CPAP would risk putting secretions into aerosol form." - KurtE This is certainly a concern. For any design, it might be effective to simply capture the exhaust into a disposable/washable tube and HEPA exhaust filter. Unfortunately. many CPAP masks are vented by small holes with no...
  10. S

That is above my pay grade, but FWIW my wife is a lead Nuclear Medicine Technician at a cardiac clinic. So if you need access to a gamma camera, she maybe could work that out. Edit: And if you need something looked up...
  11. S

@TelephoneBill thanks for taking the project manager initiative. Just brainstorming here on project #1. What if we flip that and start with Data Collection? At this point we do not have a profile for the disease or a baseline to show us normal variations. We also do not know what type of...
  12. S

Other than possibly a shared power supply there isn't much inside a ventilator that you would want to share simultaneously between patients. However... I do very much like the idea of a diy vent/CPAP type device constructed from common materials. We need control/display system(teensy)...
  13. S

I am a CPAP user and my child and I have spent some time on ventilators so I picked up a few things chatting up RTs Respiratory Therapists. I would like to contribute to a CPAP mod project(make doctor programmed unit user settable), or a DIY CPAP from scratch project. I have an old CPAP for...
  14. S

Pigweed? Is this useful?

https://pigweed.googlesource.com/ I saw this was recently open sourced with Apache license by Google. It is a collection of microcontroller libraries. Was hoping someone smarter than me would give it a look and see if any of those tools are useful for Teensy development.
  15. S

Jetson Nano Teensyduino 1.48 install fails

Actually, TD 1.48 Beta 1 works as well. It is just the 1.48 release version that fails. Please ignore "Install script from arduino.cc fails to install launcher." Because I wanted to test it on a fresh Ubuntu install, I forgot that I hadn't yet changed Nautilus preferences to run scripts on click.
  16. S

Jetson Nano Teensyduino 1.48 install fails

It was working with Arduino 1.8.9 and Teensyduino 1.47. Now Arduino 1.8.10 with Teensyduino 1.48 install is broken on fresh Jetson Nano dev kit SD image https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack#install arduino-1.8.10-linuxaarch64.tar.xz installs and works using...
  17. S

Teensyduino 1.48 Beta #1

In relation to posts #78 and #99 in this thread, I thought I found a bug in the Arduino CLI or possibly the builder, which I reported here I don't yet know the ultimate source of that bug. Because I was running Teensyduino 1.48 b1 at the time it may generate a few red herrings. Sorry about...
  18. S

Workflow. Remote edit. Local code store, compile, upload.

There will be a Teensy4, 3.x or some other arduino. We'll call it micro. Does what micros do. Connected by USB to SBC. There will be a (headless)Raspberry Pi, Jetson Nano, openWRT router, or some other. We'll call it local single board...
  19. S

Touch screen advice

There are easier ways to interface hardware to Android now. Check out http://remotexy.com/
  20. S

Touch screen advice

When I had a project with similar needs I bought a few of the cheapest cell phones I could find. At that time it was ZTE Speed from boost mobile $40 each. I never activated them, don't even have service near my house. but WiFi direct, bluetooth, USB OTG, GPS, Compass, Accelerometer, Storage...
  21. S

Teensyduino 1.48 Beta #1

Same machine as prior post, Jetson Nano, reveals java exceptions when run from terminal. Its long, hope it helps. First compile failed because default arduino board was selected. Not shown: at second slo@sloNano:~$ arduino I opened gui and selected Teensy 4 slo@sloNano:~$ arduino Command...
  22. S

Teensyduino 1.48 Beta #1

. This was red. Arduino 1.8.10 TD 1.48 B1 on a Jetson Nano Ubuntu 18.04 AARCH64 first compile after install and reboot. Sketch was the example for XPT2046_Touchscreen. The next compile attempt worked. Arduino: 1.8.10 (Linux), TD: 1.48-beta1, Board: "Teensy 4.0, Serial, Faster, US English"...
  23. S

Teensy 4.0 Flash Memory Usage

Would it be sufficient for your app @cdavis2 or possible technically @defragster to just expand the area reserved for EEPROM at the cost of some code space? Maybe use the ESP32 way of choosing memory maps for projects with different needs?
  24. S

One shot timer

25. S

One shot timer

I did see that! It turned out that having micros() elapsedMicros() and 1uS resolution from TeensyDelay was so convenient that the code practically wrote itself. If I need to go back and refactor with a shorter time base it will be a pain I'd rather avoid. So fingers crossed when hardware...
  26. S

One shot timer

I saw that note. Unfortunately I need every available channel for TeensyDelay and only 2 channels for PulsePosition. At least I can try to use TeensyDelay as a model to modify a local copy of PulsePosition. Edit:Nevermind. I thought FTM0 was the only one with 8 channels, but FTM3 does as...
  27. S

One shot timer

Looks promising but both libs use ftm0 and conflict. I've filed an issue against PulsePosition a while ago suggesting ability to select which ftm is used. Any guidance there, or generally how to write libraries which select alt peripheral numbers? PulsePosition rarely requires more than 1...
  28. S

One shot timer

When you answer, please specify which Teensy versions your answer can apply to. How to immediately schedule an output pin to flip in X uS from now. X can be from 400 - 2800uS(microseconds). sub 1uS resolution preferred, but 4uS resolution of micros() would be acceptable. The general case...
  29. S

Teensy 4.0 Breakout Kit

Could we please see a photo of that board with Teensy removed? Or really any Teensy test board with pogo pin bed of nails that contact the backside interior so that we can better visualize the end result of the docs. When hand soldering, how do you get all the pogo pins at the right height?
  30. S

PTP (IEEE 1588) Library

Yes, please This thread is now several years old but still a top Google search result on Teensy IEEE1588. I want it to reflect at least some level of interest. I would use such a library if it existed. My use case would be synchronizing output events outdoors (light show, fountains), with input...
  31. S

Teensy 4.0 First Beta Test

I'd just like to put a bug in someone's ear that USB-C (or USB-C hub) functionality would be very useful for some T4 projects. I don't see CCx pin definitions or other indications that this has been worked on, so it is probably too late for a feature request on this variant. However, I ask...
  32. S

Programming Teensy3.x attached to MIPS OpenWRT wireless router

It is still untested as I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to do with the makefile that alzhao provided. Thank you for taking the time to create that! I'm still googling to figure it out. KurtE, I would love to use apt in this case, but I need a .ipkg file for OPKG. and the target has 6mb...
  33. S

Still unresolved libusb-1.0 I am still searching. Haven't found it yet. It seems that the development package is named differently for each distro and I have yet to discover what the name is, or if it even exists for current openWRT, which is actually LEDE 17.01.4 since the 2 projects forked...
  34. S

Attempted compile teensy_loader_cli on router When trying to make teensy_loader_cli I get this error. root@GL-AR300M:/teensy_loader_cli# make cc -O2 -Wall -s -DUSE_LIBUSB -o teensy_loader_cli teensy_loader_cli.c -lusb make: cc: Command not found make: *** [Makefile:15: teensy_loader_cli]...
  35. S

Synchronised position measurement

That sounds a bit over complicated and jittery(inconsistent delay from actual zero to sensed zero) to me. I would probably use the comparator referenced to ground to find every zero crossing and trigger simultaneous input capture. Analyze the samples post capture to see if they should be...
  36. S

My project is to wirelessly communicate with a Neato Botvac85(link has relevant pictures only, not relevant code AFAIK) and Teensy 3.2 via GL-AR300M-Ext wireless travel router, all mounted on the robot vacuum. The robot vacuum has a 3.3v serial console, so does the router. Eventually(once I...
  37. S

Any takers: "nearly all pins" teensy 3.5 connector board

Either way is fine as long as it is done right. But to do it right you need to specify the exact right pins to use, offer them for sale or include them, and provide a simple means of aligning all the pins while soldering. At minimum, that is a second through hole pcb with cutouts for access to...
  38. S

Print descendents, scope issue, comsManager

Thanks Paul. Don't feel rushed to update SerialFlash on my account, I'm not in any hurry. When I asked if there was a way to "bring Xbee and SerialFlash into the fold" I was unclear. I was looking for a code technique to store(in the same array), and use the instances in a similar way to the...
  39. S

Xbee as Print * So far, every com type(my term for Serial, Ethernet, SD, i2c, SPI, SD, various displays, etc.) which I tried, can be stored in a Print* except SerialFlash and Xbee. The Xbee library is different from the others because instead of inheriting from Print like the other libraries...
  40. S

I just realized much of the functionality of monitorPrint1file.ino can be summed up as if(Serial)Serial.print("Something, something... Dark Siiide"); It is now stalled at : monitorPrint1file:33: error: no matching function for call to 'ILI9341_t3::write(char [64], int&)' C:\Program Files...
  41. S

Please check if I've made any major logic errors that prevent the concept from working at all. I am stuck. I got the idea last night that a lot of the Serial.Print messages we use to debug our code don't really need to run if the serial monitor isn't open. DEBUG_PRINT defines need access to...
  42. S

PJRC Web Site

Perhaps, this thread could become a list of specific suggestions. That way, even if they remain unimplemented, the information remains here to be discovered by users. example: Due to lack of photo of the underside of all Teensy with pins products, and lack of proper text description, I have...
  43. S

Tips for precise timing?

Well, its not as dramatic as all that. Interrupts are disabled and reenabled with code that looks like what I just showed you. Search the library source code for similar sections{find cli()} and note the function names. There might only be the one section. The guy that wrote the library was...
  44. S

Tips for precise timing?

I am not familiar with this software at all, but I took a quick look at https://github.com/NicoHood/Nintendo/blob/master/src/Gamecube.c and found this critical section // Don't want interrupts getting in the way uint8_t oldSREG = SREG; cli(); // Read in data from the console...
  45. S

Any takers: "nearly all pins" teensy 3.5 connector board

I would pay that IF it had pogo pins to break out the bottom pads including reset, and included the mating JST pigtails. Without the pigtails included, it would be a hidden cost, harder to source solution which I would not buy at any price due to the headache of tracking down mating...
  46. S

yield atomic?

I happened to see https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/cores/blob/master/teensy3/yield.cpp specifically this comment // TODO: does this need to be atomic? shortly before reading https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/08/14/volatile-can-be-harmful/ specifically: ARM Memory Barrier Instructions Below is the...
  47. S

K66 Beta Test

What do you think of a bi-color LED? Something like these. I haven't used this specific part, but other red/green LEDs I've used light orange when both elements are lit at the same time. This effectively gives you a 4 status display(3 colors and off) on one part using only 2 controller pins.
  48. S

Teensyduino 1.29 Beta #3 Available

No firewall, but bitdefender free antivirus is installed. This message was generated on verify only so it shouldn't be trying to reboot the teensy anyway. Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 7), TD: 1.29-beta3, Board: "Teensy 3.2 / 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz optimized (overclock), US English" Opening Teensy...
  49. S

Fitting the RTC crystal on Teensy 3.2

Or, mount the crystal and solder on the back side.
  50. S

Teensyduino 1.29 Beta #3 Available

@KurtE almost. The whole verbose log boiled down to: Opening Teensy Loader... Unable find Teensy Loader. Is the Teensy Loader application running? Opening Teensy Loader... Teensy Loader error responding to comment Teensy Loader could not find the file HanksTractorTeensy3x.ino I figured it...
Back